2023 Combine

Pastor Dillon

8 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Not sure I’m sold on Anderson. He seems like more of the Travon Walker physical freak type that plays solidly. I don’t see the special pass rush talent there especially to take at 1-2

He’s not the bendiest edge rusher, but he has the production to back his numbers up. I’m not sure how he relates to Trayvon Walker at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObotimusPrime said:
9 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Not sure I’m sold on Anderson. He seems like more of the Travon Walker physical freak type that plays solidly. I don’t see the special pass rush talent there especially to take at 1-2

He’s not the bendiest edge rusher, but he has the production to back his numbers up. I’m not sure how he relates to Trayvon Walker at all

I think his strength to speed ratio is off the charts. His hands are fluid, active and his punch comes in with bad intentions. His power combined with his speed will be worrisome for opposing OTs.

This class in general is *blazing* fast. (Not quite @Blaze fast, however). But this class can fly:

- 18 CBs ran in the 4.4s, including the top guys (Kelee Ringo, Christian Gonzalez and Joey Porter Jr.)

- 13 SAFs ran in the 4.5 (no real top guy in the group, a very thin class overall).

Today we should see the offensive skill positions go, and I expect some fireworks from Jalin Hyatt and Jordan Addison. Addison was already penciled in somewhere between 10–20, but I expect Hyatt to start getting mid-1st round grades after today - he’s probably going to be in the low 4.3 range, if not mid 4.2.

38 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

That’s small. The only comparison is Kyler Murray. 

murray has missed 9 games in 4 years, which isn’t just a ton of games. 

Murray has a 66% completion percentage and a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. 

after 4 years of playing in a QB friendly system, Murray hasn’t thrown over 4,000 yards. 

young has bigger hands than Murray. 

Young is a better thrower than Murray, but he’s not the athlete that Murray is. 

there’s Russell Wilson who was 5-11 217 pounds. He looked aweful away from Pete Carrol’s system thus year. 

Drew Brees is the other guy but he was just over 6ft and 213 at the combine. 

I just don’t know. 

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:
1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If he runs a 4.6 it’s gonna be impressive. No way he’s got 4.4 speed. 

Ya, especially with his running form/short striding

Watching him in-game, I’m not too worried. I see him separate from pursuing defenders with ease, he’s got football speed when he’s got a designed run. 

I’m personally thinking mid 4.5s today. He’s been working with coaches since the end of the season, they’ve set his form up for this specific event. 

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Watching him in-game, I’m not too worried. I see him separate from pursuing defenders with ease, he’s got football speed when he’s got a designed run. 

I’m personally thinking mid 4.5s today. He’s been working with coaches since the end of the season, they’ve set his form up for this specific event. 

Whatever he runs, the thing with him is that he can run close to that in full pads