2023 Combine

Pastor Dillon

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:
2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Goodness… dude is really making a case for #1. 

Good because CJ Stroud is the best QB in this draft 

Right now? I agree.

Five years from now? Very possible he’s 3rd or 4th. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

1a. Stroud 

1b. Young

3. Richardson

4. Levis

That’s how I see it, even with the fireworks from today.

I’d take all 3 over Young. I’m just not building a franchise around a 5ft 10 QB. If we had a solid team already then maybe a small guy could succeed but we have to have him playing 17 games a season. 

• Like 1

JSN with a 3.93 20yd shuttle and a 6.57 three cone drill. Simply put, he’s the quickest player in the draft at any position (by a lot, too - next closest at any position was a 4.05 in the 20yd shuttle and 6.63 in the three cone drill). 

If you’re someone who values short area quickness over straight line speed, JSN just made a very good case for WR1.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ET80 said:

JSN with a 3.93 20yd shuttle and a 6.57 three cone drill. Simply put, he’s the quickest player in the draft at any position (by a lot, too - next closest at any position was a 4.05 in the 20yd shuttle and 6.63 in the three cone drill). 

If you’re someone who values short area quickness over straight line speed, JSN just made a very good case for WR1.

I think he’s too similar to Metchie for us to draft him but he’s gonna be good for sure 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think he’s too similar to Metchie for us to draft him but he’s gonna be good for sure 

I sort of agree on this - neither really projects to an outside WR, both are pretty much exclusive slot WRs.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I seen the video of Stroud's throws during the combine.  Sheesh he makes throwing so effortless.  Leaning towards him at 2 if he doesnt go 1st overall.  Interesting to see how these GM's view the QB's.  

That was a master class on throwing with timing and anticipation… and he never worked with any of these receivers before. 

Other guys may have stronger and more lively arms, but I don’t think anyone has this level of polish. What he did for OSU carried over to this event, and he didn’t have the luxury of repeated reps with the guys he was throwing to yesterday - which makes it really impressive overall.

I’m very glad so many options are becoming available at 2; Regardless of what Chicago does at 1, the Texans are in line to grab a franchise guy.

• Like 3

On 3/4/2023 at 9:18 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

murray has missed 9 games in 4 years, which isn’t just a ton of games. 

To be fair on these injuries - they’re all non contact, soft tissue injuries. Hamstring injuries, torn ACLs are on non-contact plays for Kyler.

It doesn’t matter if you’re 6’ 4” 244lbs or 5’ 10” 204lbs, if you don’t properly condition and train your legs and manage revive correctly, this is going to happen.