2020 Packers Draft... 'A 1,001 ways for fans to confess that they are still butt-hurt that the Packers drafted a QB instead of a WR'.

vegas492

All you gotta do apparently is keep your MVP-Award-Winning, future HoF QB resigned in a small market to achieve a high grade.

That said I don't think Gute's one of the worst; I just think he's ultimately a middle-of-the-pack GM. You can do good with him, provided the right cornerstones are in place, but you can do bad with him as well, if said cornerstones turn out to vanish or bust. He'll draft solidly enough, he won't be littered with total busts from top to bottom, but the Home Runs will be scarce. He'll make the occasional FA splash, but he seems more adept at in-season acquisitions on the cheap.

And regardless of the bellyaching about AR12 being extended like he was last season, dealing him away would've been an EXTRAORDINARY move(not Impossible, as the naggers like to say), but Gute simply proved to be Ordinary in that regard. I can't think of a GM that would've gone that extra distance(maybe John Schneider of Seattle, but that contract given to Geno Smith seriously cracked my confidence in that).

2 hours ago, R T said:

I'm so confused, I keep getting told that Gutes is the worst GM in the history of the world by others here. How can this possibly be?   

The same ones saying that Love was a wasted pick because we have Aaron Rodgers probably also complained that AR was a wasted pick because we had Favre.

Bigger fans of the QB than of the Packers.  Certainly skews their opinions and you end up taking their opinions with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

The results of Gutes moves since his time as GM speak for themselves. No one said he's the worst in the entire league. He's just not very good and lacks a plan. We've seen it play out in real time with the current situation. 

We had good records so some random dudes ranked him high. When you actually look at the talent he's added it's underwhelming to say the least. Last year being the biggest example of him botching the Rodgers situation and doubling down with the lack of options to throw to, Savage 5th year being picked up etc etc

The drafts look worse and worse as time goes by and last year was a masterclass in being clueless.