NFL should force moderately injured guys to play

NeptunePenguins

19 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

With Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan talking about load management and LeBron missing time with injury and Mahomes winning a Super Bowl on one leg it is time to talk about this. A lot of players get injured and miss time. For more serious injuries okay whatever, but a lot of players get barely injured and miss time and that is bad for the product. The league is greedy and wants to make profit so less games won't be played. I feel by forcing players to play when injured would be great for all leagues and banning load management for the NBA and NFL. Don't ever let healthy players rest, as that is bad for the product. Look at the Colts in 2009, tarnished their legacy by load management. Look at Favre and McNair, they played with basically half a body at times. If they can do that, then anyone can. They make millions and medicine is better than ever. Plus Michael Jordan is the King of Sports, and if he says LeBron is soft, then he is right. Plus you can barely tackle players like you used to, so injuries just doesn't happen. 

Here is my solution. For every game you are able to play but miss, you should get 10 percent of your salary for that year taking away for the year until around 70 percent. If you miss 7 games then you only make 30 percent of your yearly salary and the rest goes to charity. That is for the NBA and NFL. 

Is this a real take? I'm honestly confused. Your job should also take 10% of your salary every time you miss work. 

• Like 1

Just now, seriously27 said:

Is this a real take? I'm honestly confused. Your job should also take 10% of your salary every time you miss work. 

No, he's trying to own people who think that load management in the NBA is excessive by making some stupidly exaggerated analogy to the NFL that doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

No, he's trying to own people who think that load management in the NBA is excessive by making some stupidly exaggerated analogy to the NFL that doesn't make sense.

Oh the NBA? Yeah sure I'd like to talk about the NBA...

.run no GIF

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

Or the inverse - if you don't get paid when you don't show up, then if you go above and beyond there needs to be extra pay. So every overtime game should come with a pro-rated bonus for the extra time, and every playoff game should also come with a completely separate game check.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Players should develop Mortal Kombat style "finish him" moves to use after an on field injury. 

The KC Chiefs used to have a pass rusher named Neil Smith who used to do a "homerun" slow motion celebration every time he recorded a sack.

Dt2acYMVYAAx_Jm.jpg

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/1/4483730/neil-smiths-home-run-swing-sack-celebration

"It came to me one night between me and Derrick Thomas," Smith said on 610 Sports last week. "I was sitting there, I was like, man, Derrick has his thing where he gets up and he throws his hand up, like if he wants to give a safety or a sack and he gives his little thing. So I said, 'I got to give something for the fans to remember.' So i said to myself, 'What am I going to do?' I got to create something to give the fans back.

"So I get there, I'm sitting there, it's Friday night, and Jay Leno came on the late night show and we had like a Monday night game. And Jay Leno hit a punch line and went "Ba ba ba ba" and he swung. And I stood up in my bed and I said, 'That's it! That's what I'm going to do.'

"I didn't know Jay Leno was a golfer so it was like a golf swing. I said, 'Alright cool I'm gonna do that.'

"The very first one I did it was a golf swing. In that game, we played I think the Raiders, I end up with like three or three and a half sacks.

"I'm sitting ther at the podium now facing the media and they want to know, "I see you got this brand new thing going on.' And I said, 'Yeah I do.' A reporter says, 'Can you explain the swing that you have, is that a tribute to George Brett?' And I said, 'Absolutely. Tell George Brett I'm gonna get 3,000 sacks and I'm gonna break his record.' It just took off after that."

And that is how a legend is created.

Not quite the same as Scorpion taking off his mask and breathing fire/incinerating his opponent, but it's close.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The KC Chiefs used to have a pass rusher named Neil Smith who used to do a "homerun" slow motion celebration every time he recorded a sack.

Dt2acYMVYAAx_Jm.jpg

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7/1/4483730/neil-smiths-home-run-swing-sack-celebration

Not quite the same as Scorpion taking off his mask and breathing fire/incinerating his opponent, but it's close.  

This is as close as we got last year and it makes me giggle every single time

5ec.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

5ec.gif

Whatever happened to those "on brand" celebrations?

Between whatever Clay Matthews III used to do in Green Bay, the Joey Bosa Shrug, the Neil Smith Homerun, the Joey Porter foot kick, the stupid Ray Lewis dance, or whatever...it used to be an obnoxious or glorious spectacle. 

Everyone wants to do the new dances and I'm just asking for borderline taunting celebrations here that infuriate opposing players and fanbases or make me laugh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

5ec.gif

Are we just going to sit here and pretend that guy didn't come flying through like he just found the secret hidden trampoline spot. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

Are we just going to sit here and pretend that guy didn't come flying through like he just found the secret hidden trampoline spot. 

We ARE going to pretend that didn’t happen. Avert your gaze!

• Like 3