2023 Scouting Combine Thread

Ty21

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

What the Bears need from the Combine;

-Bryce Young to measure good enough for someone

-Will Levis to charm the pants off of every GM

-Anthony Richardson to go Cam Newton on the measurables

-CJ Stroud not to mess anything up

I think someone (scout/QB coach/OC) is going to use Brees as the comp for Young and he gets a LOT of attention from a few teams.

Levis and Richardson are made for the combine, so I am pretty confident in that. Fields exploding in the second half of the season might even benefit Richardson since he doesn't have to winning record/production Newton had.

Stroud should do well too, I hope he keeps pressure up and makes a few 'wow' throws to keep him neck and neck at the top.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Levis and Richardson are made for the combine, so I am pretty confident in that. Fields exploding in the second half of the season might even benefit Richardson since he doesn't have to winning record/production Newton had.

Is it really a thing if Levis and Richardson test really well athletically? That’s a known already. A bigger story to me would be if they do all the drills and don’t test out as well as expected. 

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Is it really a thing if Levis and Richardson test really well athletically? That’s a known already. A bigger story to me would be if they do all the drills and don’t test out as well as expected. 

No I agree. That's why insaid they were made for it, both are athletic with really strong arms. They should put on a show in the underwear Olympics. 

If one does flop at the combine I'll be surprised. Though that may help the Bears if  Richardson does, or 1 or 2 really stand out since it might out demand more at the top for 1-2 prospects. Or maybe not? Idk.

I dont take the combine seriously for QBs at all (interviews would be different for me though), or the pro days either, so it likely wouldn't change my stance on them. Scouts might have drastically different views on it though. 

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

That what is should be, but every time someone shows out at the combine, especially QBs, owners and GMs can’t help but drool over themselves 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

No I agree. That's why insaid they were made for it, both are athletic with really strong arms. They should put on a show in the underwear Olympics. 

If one does flop at the combine I'll be surprised. Though that may help the Bears if  Richardson does, or 1 or 2 really stand out since it might out demand more at the top for 1-2 prospects. Or maybe not? Idk.

I dont take the combine seriously for QBs at all (interviews would be different for me though), or the pro days either, so it likely wouldn't change my stance on them. Scouts might have drastically different views on it though. 

I'm with you on this. We need two qbs to really show out (preferably one more so than the other), then there needs to be some sort of gap separating them from the rest of the pack. If there are 4 really go prospects teams will be more inclined to sit and wait for one of the 4 to fall. Basic economics.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 2

Cards fielding trade offers for the 3rd pick. Which is only good for us, assuming a team isn’t trading up for a defensive player. The cards remain the biggest obstacle in us trading down and still getting who we consider the #1 guy. The Texans are still a dark horse to wait on a qb til next year too. 

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If these were the “character concerns” referenced by McShay (guessing here), how was this not already out there? 

It was out there on message boards, people knew

Again, he didnt cause the crash, that guy was pretty drunk. But it shows off some of the immaturity that has been referenced