2023 Scouting Combine Thread

Ty21

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Is it really a thing if Levis and Richardson test really well athletically? That’s a known already. A bigger story to me would be if they do all the drills and don’t test out as well as expected. 

The biggest thing for Richardson is if he throws. Yeah he's got a power arm, but teams want to see touch, accuracy, and placement. CJ Stroud is right behind Richardson, so while he doesn't have nearly the same arm strength, he does have those other things. Teams will be able to compare the two really well when they go back to back in drills

16 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It was out there on message boards, people knew

Again, he didnt cause the crash, that guy was pretty drunk. But it shows off some of the immaturity that has been referenced

Drag racing doesn't put me out too much.   Really stupid, but not atypical young man thing to do.

I would feel better if it was HS age rather than college.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

The biggest thing for Richardson is if he throws. Yeah he's got a power arm, but teams want to see touch, accuracy, and placement. CJ Stroud is right behind Richardson, so while he doesn't have nearly the same arm strength, he does have those other things. Teams will be able to compare the two really well when they go back to back in drills

Meh. It’s still throws with no defense under no duress. It’s still a script. Even if he crushes the passing drills it’s not really telling me much. Much like the athletic testing stuff, it’ll be a bigger tell if he can’t do it against air for me. I don’t think he can really win personnel people over in Indy but he could potentially lose some who are in on him now.

Thank God we’re not in a place where we’re actually having to consider him for the Bears. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Drag racing doesn't put me out too much.   Really stupid, but not atypical young man thing to do.

I would feel better if it was HS age rather than college.

How about the other driver being a Georgia Football staffer, driving a vehicle rented by Georgia, who kills a player while drunk driving and racing another player...

Georgia Football is going to be seeing a wrongful death suit over this.

Edited by WindyCity

Take Carter off the bored. For someone to leave the sean of the accident where 2 others die is supper suspicious on what he was trying to hide(although he did come back hours later) If he was sober then he aint smart racing a guy that was so drunk could barly walk. 

Money deffently wont make that young man(child) any smarter.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

How about the other driver being a Georgia Football staffer, driving a vehicle rented by Georgia, who kills a player while drunk driving and racing another player...

Georgia Football is going to be seeing a wrongful death suit over this.

That is why it is really, really stupid thing to do.   Big consequences to driving any vehicles really fast and made worse by drinking.

Nearly every year in HS in college I knew someone who died on a sport bike motorcycle.   Doctor friends say they call them 'donorcycles' in ER.   

About 7 or 8 years ago or so one of my brothers best friends was pulling out of lunch from a sports bar when a motorcycle he didn't see hit side of his car at about 150 mph.   Because my brothers friend admitted to a few drinks with lunch prosecutors decided to charge him with a degree of murder (acquitted at trial).  His lunch receipt and waitress confirmed his story.   

He is a large man 6'5 about 240  and a regular casual drinker - kind of guy who has a beer with his lunch. 

I have known him my whole life and partied with him in HS and college and later in life at Halloween parties my brother threw before we all got married.   I can tell you I have seen him drink many times and I can never, ever recall seeing that guy drunk or even tipsy.   Ever.  He just never got to that point.  He was a very casual and slow drinker of beer.  Even way back in college everyone would be passed out and he would be guy feeling just fine pulling pranks on the passed out people at 4 a.m.     

In any event, both he and that motorcycle driver paid a heavy, heavy price that day.

1 hour ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Take Carter off the bored. For someone to leave the sean of the accident where 2 others die is supper suspicious on what he was trying to hide(although he did come back hours later) If he was sober then he aint smart racing a guy that was so drunk could barly walk. 

Money deffently wont make that young man(child) any smarter.

are you having a stroke? do you need us to call an ambulance?