Should Dave Caldwell lose his job?

pwny

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

well our passing game would be marginally better(our wrs still have Dropsies all day every day) and our rush offense would be alot worse and probably have Ivory as the lead back cuz u know. 

You do realize that Watson literally elevated everyones play and shadowed most of the weaknesses/shortcomings that team clearly showed with poor QB play, right?

That's what a franchise caliber QB does. When you have a bad QB, those types of things you listed are highly evident. When you have a good QB they elevate the team/shadow problems. Watson would most definitely have us in a better situation if it was the same Watson we saw in Houston prior to injury.

I'm stoked with Fournette (clearly hurt, OL last couple weeks is struggling due to injuries, AND Fournette just doesn't fit with Blake + Blake is bad so they stack the box at ridiculous rates), but Watson most definitely has us in a better position right now. 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

You do realize that Watson literally elevated everyones play and shadowed most of the weaknesses/shortcomings that team clearly showed with poor QB play, right?

That's what a franchise caliber QB does. When you have a bad QB, those types of things you listed are highly evident. When you have a good QB they elevate the team/shadow problems. Watson would most definitely have us in a better situation if it was the same Watson we saw in Houston prior to injury.

I'm stoked with Fournette (clearly hurt, OL last couple weeks is struggling due to injuries, AND Fournette just doesn't fit with Blake + Blake is bad so they stack the box at ridiculous rates), but Watson most definitely has us in a better position right now. 

Ya but that still doesnt change the fact for every good hacket designed play or playcall theres like 5 bad ones. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

Ya but that still doesnt change the fact for every good hacket designed play theres like 5 bad ones. 

...this is the point you've gotten to after saying what you did about Watson/Fournette?

Hackett has done a pretty fair job I'd say considering all the things working against him (including one of the worst QB's in the NFL). Not sure what you're expecting him to do when defenses literally have zero worry about Bortles arm beating them in any way by stacking the box pretty much 100% of the time. 

Run game has sputtered over the last couple weeks, but we still sit at the top (or top 3, haven't checked since after yesterdays game) in rushing and has gotten enough out of Blake to not lose us games which likely wouldn't be the case if we had the same Bortles as most of last season.

13 hours ago, .Buzz said:

...this is the point you've gotten to after saying what you did about Watson/Fournette?

Hackett has done a pretty fair job I'd say considering all the things working against him (including one of the worst QB's in the NFL). Not sure what you're expecting him to do when defenses literally have zero worry about Bortles arm beating them in any way by stacking the box pretty much 100% of the time. 

Run game has sputtered over the last couple weeks, but we still sit at the top (or top 3, haven't checked since after yesterdays game) in rushing and has gotten enough out of Blake to not lose us games which likely wouldn't be the case if we had the same Bortles as most of last season.

I expect him to not call a pass play inside the 20 after running the ball on first down with under 2 minutes left and game tied. 

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I expect him to not call a pass play inside the 20 after running the ball on first down with under 2 minutes left and game tied. 

Pretty sure Marrone already owned up to that one saying it was his call.

Either way, this argument of yours is going completely off the rails so I'm done.

Archived