Bears Trade Down Opinion Poll

Ty21

Bears Trade Down Opinion Poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Trade Down do you like most?

• Trade down 0 times, draft Will Anderson
    • Trade down 1 time, draft Tyree Wilson
    • Trade down 2 times, draft Peter Skoronski
    • Trade down 3 times, draft Christian Gonzales
    • Trade down 4 times, draft Jaxon Smith Njigba
    • Trade down 5 times, draft Bijan Robinson
    • Trade down 6 times, draft Owen Pappoe
    • Trade down 7 times, draft Adetomiwa Adebawore
    • Trade down 8 times, draft Rashee Rice
    • Trade down 9 times, draft Keeanu Benton
    • Trade down 10 times, draft Isaiah Foskey
    • Trade down 11 times, draft Chase Brown
    • Trade down 12 times, draft Trevius Hodges Tomlinson
    • Trade down 13 times, draft Steve Avila
    • Trade down 14 times, draft Brandon Joseph
    • Trade down 15 times, draft Olusegun Oluwatimi
    • Trade down 16 times, draft Jalen Carter
    • Trade down 17 times, draft Jayden Reed
    • Trade down 18 times, draft Jake Moody
    • Trade down 19 times, out of 2023 draft altogether

I honestly don't know what I want. I like Will Anderson a lot... but #1 overall?

I want to trade down enough to get a 2024 first round pick and a high second round pick in this draft... but with Jalen Carter's current BS I don't know what player is "worth it" and 4.

I don't envy Poles right now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I really wish AZ needed a QB.  I mean, they kinda do, but they’re stuck.

I think people are forgetting AZ may trade out of their pick too.   You never see a mock trade for them.   

Everyone assumes Indy will be trade partner, but someone in a podcast made a good point that Ballard absolutely hates trading up or ever giving up draft picks.  It will be painful for him to make that trade.   On other hand, maybe his crazy owner overrules him.

I think there is a real possibility TX and Indy stand pat and take whoever falls to them or gamble their guy will be there.   

I still think there are enough QB needy teams that Bears definitely have a trade partner regardless.   

Especially after most everyone punted on taking a QB last year.    That is something that Indy and TX know that Bears are trading and they have to accept that one QB is coming off board before their pick unless they trade.  

Still, it would be absolutely hilarious if Ballard was stubborn and ended up picking QB 4 in draft when he could have had his first choice.  

But then watch that QB ends up the best one by pure luck.  

One thing that kinda sucks for us is going into last year I assumed Seattle and Detroit would be wanting to draft QBs in this draft and they both have excess draft capital.  

But, they both seem happy with their guys.    If I was Detroit I am taking my favorite QB in this draft.   

I am not a Goff guy.   But I think they are standing pat.

Seattle too, their QB played well, but he is on older side and didn't play great down stretch when it mattered most.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Everyone assumes Indy will be trade partner, but someone in a podcast made a good point that Ballard absolutely hates trading up or ever giving up draft picks.  It will be painful for him to make that trade.   On other hand, maybe his crazy owner overrules him.

Its no longer Ballard's call. He tried to spin the Vet QB thing 3 separate times and he failed in all of them, wasting a prime contending roster.

He is on the shortest of leashes, and the only way he gets to stick around going forward is getting the Rookie that Irsay wants, and then he gets to reset his timer. If he doesnt get the guy Irsay has in mind, he needs to get results immediately

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Its no longer Ballard's call. He tried to spin the Vet QB thing 3 separate times and he failed in all of them, wasting a prime contending roster.

He is on the shortest of leashes, and the only way he gets to stick around going forward is getting the Rookie that Irsay wants, and then he gets to reset his timer. If he doesnt get the guy Irsay has in mind, he needs to get results immediately

I am surprised Ballard is still there.

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It doesnt make sense, unless he has agreed to do whatever Irsay wants at this point, and he wants a new Franchise QB, and he is going to want the one he picks

I think Irsay always says you have to do what he says.  But it is not smart to interfere too much and early with a GM.  People won't want to work for you if they have a choice.  

I think no question Indy is taking QB.   Question is can Ballard convince Irsay he wants a guy who people think will be there at 4.  And then he has to convince Irsay to wait until 4.  

Most people think it goes 1) Young, 2) Stroud, 3) Levis, 4) Richardson.

Sometimes Levis gets bumped up because he had much less to work with.

If Ballard can talk Irsay into either Stroud or Levis being the guy then there is a scenario he gets to wait until 4.   

But in that scenario he has also has to count on AZ not trading or he could get stuck with Richardson as his best option.   

There is the whole Young size thing as well.   Could be Stroud or Levis go number 1 and Young falls.   He has to like Young as well.  

In that case he could reason that he can trade with AZ for much less than Bears want and take leftover of Stroud, Levis or Young.   Then AZ loses no player that they want at 4 and gains whatever they got from Indy.  

If Irsay is in love with one guy - then he has no choice but to trade to one.  Let's hope that ends up case.

16 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If Ballard can talk Irsay into either Stroud or Levis being the guy then there is a scenario he gets to wait until 4.   

There are 3 picks before theirs. and it is conceivable, possibly even likely that all of them are QBs on Draft day. That is not something Ballard is going to be able to "talk" Irsay out of

7 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I’m thinking 16 times and draft Carter. That should net us what, 8 1sts and 10 2nds? Make it happen Poles!

My vote is for trading down 38 times, out of the 2023 and 2024 drafts altogether. Make it happen on the poll so Poles can read our poll and give up our premium pole position pick!

Trade down to 2, then trade down from 2 to like 7-12range.

Draft Broderick Jones-RT ideally.   I expect Paris Johnson-LT to be off the board already and though I think Devon Witherspoon-CB is likely the single best player on the board right there, I need to help fields first and foremost this season to evaluate him and I personally don't want JSN that high (the guy I think Fields is going to pound the table for)... I'd add that I think Skoronski is purely OG material, so  he's lower on my board.