Trade down possibility

Warhorse

I don’t think that can work. 
Teams possibly looking at QB, pending free agency. 

Houston #2

Colts #4 

Vegas #7 

Carolina #9 

If we tempt fate by trading down we open the door for other teams to trade ahead of us to get the QB they want. I could also see Tennessee at 11 and Washington at 16 possibly trading up.

of course figuring out where Rodgers, Carr and Garoppolo land helps narrow the needy teams down a little (ie removing Jets, Vegas and maybe Washington)

I would love for that to be a realistic scenario but I just don’t expect it to be feasible 

• Like 2

The odds of Indi not trading up with the Bears in order to get Stroud are approaching zero.  Failure to do so signals that they won't take a QB in Round #1.

If they sit it will be to take an Edger:  Tyree Wilson or Myles Murphy.

Trading down would involve taking a top WR.  FWIW, Tankathon thinks the first of those will go at #12.

• 3 weeks later...

In a trade down scenario I could see the Colts trading #4 and #169 (Value 1826.4) to Pitsburgh for #17, 32 and 234(Value 1541) With Carolina trading with Chicago for #1, that pretty much guarantees that a QB will be taking #1 and #2.  And with Pittsburgh top needs seem to be Edge, Oline (specifically OT) or CB, that would give them their pick of several players that would not be a reach at that pick.

Then the Colts could draft Hooker at #17 (a bit too early or if they think he will drop because of his knee) they could take an edge guy like Van Ness at 17 then Hooker at 32.

• Like 2