2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

11 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

B) other than block shots and foul a ton, what is JJJ going to do well? admittedly I haven't watched him a whole lot, whereas I watched Trae all season being a Big 12 guy. he seems to have a good shot, but he's not really offensive minded...fair to say? what's his ceiling, Serge Ibaka?

His ceiling is Jermaine O'Neal with more range.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Feel free to draft a guy based on his college stats. Go willy nilly. The kid is a limited athlete, not a great shooter, can't finish at the rim in traffic (which he'll have in spades in the NBA) and can't play any defense whatsoever. Give me Jalen Brunson over him all day (for the value of where you'll land Brunson compared to Young).

Not drafting him based off his college stats.

He's not a great athlete vertically, but he's really quick and can get to his spots offensively.

I'll disagree that he isn't a great shooter. He took some horrible forced shots playing for a garbage team this year. He shot 14/21 on his open catch and shoot 3's this year and 86% free throws. He's going to be a good shooter in the NBA.

My biggest concern with Trae is defense, but then again when in Suns history have we ever cared about defense? Might as well keep that going... 

7 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

He's not a great athlete vertically, but he's really quick and can get to his spots offensively.

I'll disagree that he isn't a great shooter. He took some horrible forced shots playing for a garbage team this year. He shot 14/21 on his open catch and shoot 3's this year and 86% free throws. He's going to be a good shooter in the NBA.

My biggest concern with Trae is defense, but then again when in Suns history have we ever cared about defense? Might as well keep that going... 

If you're comfortable taking him at 3 or 4 over far more valuable prospects, that's fine. I'm just stating, in comparison to his peers, the value isn't worth it. Why take Young at 3-4 when you can get a plethora of talented PGs at 31? Is the difference between Young and his peers REALLY that huge? I don't see it.

I recommend you go watch some Elie Okobo. I think you'll like him. He's someone I personally feel will be a better pro than Young due to less limitations but will get little attention/buzz and go in the 2nd round.

12 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

If you're comfortable taking him at 3 or 4 over far more valuable prospects, that's fine. I'm just stating, in comparison to his peers, the value isn't worth it. Why take Young at 3-4 when you can get a plethora of talented PGs at 31? Is the difference between Young and his peers REALLY that huge? I don't see it.

I recommend you go watch some Elie Okobo. I think you'll like him. He's someone I personally feel will be a better pro than Young due to less limitations but will get little attention/buzz and go in the 2nd round.

Just watched  some Okobo and I'm intrigued. Looks a little like a young Mike Conley with maybe more explosiveness. Do you think he's ready to step in and play 20+ mpg as a rookie or is he more of a project? We have Brandon Knight coming back, but I sure as hell don't want him being our full time PG.

Good article on him here: https://www.thestepien.com/2018/02/15/hiding-plain-sight-elie-okobo/

12 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Just watched  some Okobo and I'm intrigued. Looks a little like a young Mike Conley with maybe more explosiveness. Do you think he's ready to step in and play 20+ mpg as a rookie or is he more of a project? We have Brandon Knight coming back, but I sure as hell don't want him being our full time PG.

Good article on him here: https://www.thestepien.com/2018/02/15/hiding-plain-sight-elie-okobo/

I think he can step in right away. He's an older European prospect (21 rookie season) and his game isn't catered to the pace/style of European basketball. He's molded his game to fit what you want out of a PG in the modern NBA. 

I really like him and, if there is no big worth 17, I want him on the Bucks. 

39 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

The biggest issue with Young is that he can't score inside the arc at all. He's no threat to drive to the hoop and finish so you can pretty much just guard him on the perimeter and he won't make you pick. And I disagree about him being quick. He's slightly above average laterally.

So Zhaire Smith has officially hired Roc Nation and declared for the NBA draft. For those people who do mocks, better start including him in the late lottery because he wouldn't have left unless he got a guarantee to be a lottery/mid 1st round pick. 

Zhaire becomes Texas Tech's first ever one-and-done player. Pretty amazing job by Chris Beard and company to take a lightly recruited 3* and turn him into a one-and-done. That'll only help in recruiting for sure.

Any questions about Zhaire send them my way, but right now his biggest strengths are his elite athleticism, offensive rebounding and defense. Can also hit an open 3 and has a solid mid range. Weaknesses are creating his own shot off the dribble which he never really showed he could do in college.

2 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

So Zhaire Smith has officially hired Roc Nation and declared for the NBA draft. For those people who do mocks, better start including him in the late lottery because he wouldn't have left unless he got a guarantee to be a lottery/mid 1st round pick. 

Zhaire becomes Texas Tech's first ever one-and-done player. Pretty amazing job by Chris Beard and company to take a lightly recruited 3* and turn him into a one-and-done. That'll only help in recruiting for sure.

Any questions about Zhaire send them my way, but right now his biggest strengths are his elite athleticism, offensive rebounding and defense. Can also hit an open 3 and has a solid mid range. Weaknesses are creating his own shot off the dribble which he never really showed he could do in college.

Fantastic 3-and-D guy. Chance to slide into the 10-12 range.

12 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

OK after reading your and the scouts breakdown, he seems to be a young Gerald Green. good or bad comparison?

What Z and H Diallo? seem to be identical  yet Z is in rd1 while Diallo in rd2.

Hami is every bit as athletic as Zhaire, but Zhaire is simply the better basketball player. I can't think of anything Hami does better than Zhaire. They're both projects, but Zhaire is much further along. Zhaire would be able to get decent mileage as a rookie, while Hami would be living in the G-league.

Archived