2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

Just now, jyod21 said:

I can respect that.  I actually expected some more pedestrian numbers from him early this season, due in part to his motor.  He's exceeded my expectations.  I trust him more now than I did 2 weeks ago, even with Arizona struggling.  Obviously have to see if he can stay locked in, and continue producing, but you can tell he's been working on his body, and he hasn't been overly reliant on his perimeter game, to the point that it's a fault.  I think he's kept himself in that top tier.     

Yeah, he's been in that range for me for a while. He has the chance to move up. If he keeps playing hard even through Arizona's struggles, and can maintain his conditioning then I could see moving him up.

Granted I haven't seen much of him but I really don't see superstar potential in Bagley. Seems more like borderline to perennial all star kind of guy. Not big on Ayton either. He just seems like a guy who is going to waste his immense gifts. Reminds me of watching a more skilled Andre Drummond in college. Andre has turned it around but that's pretty rare. Again, generalizing based on limited viewings of each. At least they are both producing really well so far.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Granted I haven't seen much of him but I really don't see superstar potential in Bagley. Seems more like borderline to perennial all star kind of guy. Not big on Ayton either. He just seems like a guy who is going to waste his immense gifts. Reminds me of watching a more skilled Andre Drummond in college. Andre has turned it around but that's pretty rare. Again, generalizing based on limited viewings of each. At least they are both producing really well so far.

it is about how much better they get. Anthony Davis averaged 14 and 10, KAT averaged 10 & 7, Embiid 11 & 8 their freshman years. Both Ayton and Bagley are both averaging over 20 & 11 right now. They are both way more skilled than I expected at this time.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

it is about how much better they get. Anthony Davis averaged 14 and 10, KAT averaged 10 & 7, Embiid 11 & 8 their freshman years. Both Ayton and Bagley are both averaging over 20 & 11 right now. They are both way more skilled than I expected at this time.

I totally agree but it's not like Bagley is some otherworldly athlete or elite shooter/playmaker for others. Those things tend to show early (shooting debatable). He also seems like a below the rim finisher. The numbers you posted are a little misleading too. Davis still won AP POY, Towns and Embiid played a lot less (Towns 19.5 and 12.7 per 40, Embiid 19.4 and 14 ) for a couple reasons and we still have the majority of the season, including conference play, to go.

Bagley has it all.  His athleticism shows in different ways, mostly as a quick twitch athlete (his second jump is absolutely outrageous).  And best of all, he's extremely polished around the basket.

Wish I could find more full game tape on Doncic but obviously what he's doing in Europe at his age is very impressive.  

12 minutes ago, CAS22 said:

Wish I could find more full game tape on Doncic but obviously what he's doing in Europe at his age is very impressive.  

not sure if they keep it up but watchespn had the fiba games over the summer, probably 5-6

and obviously against some NBA players

On 11/28/2017 at 4:29 PM, CAS22 said:

That's why I'm not as high on Doncic as everybody else seems to be.  I've only seen cut ups of him, highlights, maybe a 1/2 of a fiba game, and then only know what I read.  I'm always behind on Euros.  I've seen some pretty varying comparisons for him, too, mainly to other Euros, which always annoys me.  DraftNet has his comparison to Gallo.  He looks like more than that, especially with the ball in his hands.  

Is he a Gallinari level shooter, as a prospect?

Does anybody who is a little more comfortable with Doncic have any playstyle comparisons, or ideas on what kind of player they seem him being, day 1 and down the line?

Lifelong Duke fan.. but my favorite guy right now is Sexton.. followed by Bagley. 

-

Do you guys think Porter goes into the draft after this back surgery, and if so, where could he go?

-

As a Hawks fan, I really hope we get the #1 pick this season. 

4 hours ago, coors said:

Lifelong Duke fan.. but my favorite guy right now is Sexton.. followed by Bagley. 

-

Do you guys think Porter goes into the draft after this back surgery, and if so, where could he go?

-

As a Hawks fan, I really hope we get the #1 pick this season. 

I would be surprised he wouldn't. But he better be in good shape come workouts. The real question is will he still go top 3 or 4, or will some team get scared of a long term injury reoccurrence. Or will they take their chances believing he is the top prospect.

Archived