2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

1 hour ago, utley4568 said:

I have a hard time seeing him topping any of my top five. He doesn't create his own shot well.

I don't think he is a great creator, but I think with movement of the ball, he creates pretty good. At worst a very good 3 and D prospect. Though like most of these colleges kids, he needs to get stronger.

Also think Bamba is the real wild card, so much potential yet he is so weak. How much patience will some of these teams have for him.

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

I don't think he is a great creator, but I think with movement of the ball, he creates pretty good. At worst a very good 3 and D prospect. Though like most of these colleges kids, he needs to get stronger.

Yeah, that's why I compared him to Covington. He definitely needs weight. Right now you'd only wanting him guarding 1s and 2s. With enough weight he could guard 1-4 in the NBA.

His creation is more by virtue of Villanova's offense, which I think is what you're saying too.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

Yeah, that's why I compared him to Covington. He definitely needs weight. Right now you'd only wanting him guarding 1s and 2s. With enough weight he could guard 1-4 in the NBA.

His creation is more by virtue of Villanova's offense, which I think is what you're saying too.

Yes and I don't see that much of a difference in the NBA with most teams. The right situation/coach will help that.

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Yes and I don't see that much of a difference in the NBA with most teams. The right situation/coach will help that.

For sure, he's just not someone you want to rely on as a primary or secondary option on your team.

He's going to be in the league for a very long time, and will probably be greatly undervalued the whole time he's playing.

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Question, do you think Mamba has the type of body that can gain weight? 

Can he be a Rudy Gobert?

Or will he be a poor man's Thon Maker?

Yeah I think he can. He's not gonna be Embiid sized or anything like that, but he won't be rail thin his entire career. I'm excited to see him continue develop offensively. 

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

What about his pick and roll defense, since the NBA is so spread it out etc..?

He's fantastic. Can switch PnRs 2-5 and sparingly even at the one. I only worry about defensive lapses defensively, but they're fairly infrequent. He's not like Ayton, who looks lost and bored a lot defensively.

14 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

He's fantastic. Can switch PnRs 2-5 and sparingly even at the one. I only worry about defensive lapses defensively, but they're fairly infrequent. He's not like Ayton, who looks lost and bored a lot defensively.

To me he is the most intriguing prospect in the draft. He may be a defensive stud, yet I see him as having the most bust potential of the top 5 picks.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:33 AM, resilient part 2 said:

Question, do you think Mamba has the type of body that can gain weight? 

Can he be a Rudy Gobert?

Or will he be a poor man's Thon Maker?

Wow, how bad would that be?  I don't even know if a poor man's Thon Maker could start for Texas right now.  

He's closer to Gobert, but I don't think he'll ever rebound at the level of Gobert.  A few years with an NBA S&C coach, and he at least has a chance though.  He could be our modern day Mutombo, with a bit of a mid range game, if he can bulk up, and improve on the glass.  He's probably closer to a taller, longer Theo Ratliff.  He has higher upside than a Ratliff type guy, but he's also a lot weaker.  He's a good good fit as a rim protector in the NBA, because of his feet, and the guy is smart as hell.  

How would you guys compare Bamba to Nerlens Noel, as prospects? 

Archived