2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

Just now, utley4568 said:

Sorry, meant to say defensive IQ. He's fine offensively in that regard. He's maxed out to me, which is not something I want from a euro prospect. There are a few guys I'd prefer in that range for scoring ability.

Eh, it's fine that he may be maxed out. His skill set fits the modern NBA as is. If he wasn't maxed out, he would be projected much, much higher. 

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Eh, it's fine that he may be maxed out. His skill set fits the modern NBA as is. If he wasn't maxed out, he would be projected much, much higher. 

I don't think it does, again because of the defensive limitations. I will say, you're not alone in your opinion. We're fairly split on him and generally it's at the extremes.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Ha, I work 3rd shift and I'm a Wisconsinite. Both of those are ****ed lmao.

My liver has taken an absolute beating in the last two months. ****'s brutal but I have no right to complain

Just now, utley4568 said:

I don't think it does, again because of the defensive limitations. I will say, you're not alone in your opinion. We're fairly split on him and generally it's at the extremes.

Eh, I don't think he's going to be some defensive hindrance. He's not Trae Young there. Is he going to be an all-NBA level defender? No. But that's fine. Some of the best PGs in the league aren't plus defenders anyways. Curry, Kyrie, Russ, Dame. 

9 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Eh, I don't think he's going to be some defensive hindrance. He's not Trae Young there. Is he going to be an all-NBA level defender? No. But that's fine. Some of the best PGs in the league aren't plus defenders anyways. Curry, Kyrie, Russ, Dame. 

I think he is. I'm not totally sold on the offense either. His shot is too far out in front of his body, which can be fixed, but his handle is loose and he can get really sloppy. I just don't see anything more than an 8th or 9th man. That's why him being maxed out is an issue for me. I'd rather just take Aaron Holiday, Jevon Carter, or Jalen Brunson as a backup one. I think Okobo is lumped in with someone like Tony Carr at the back of the 2nd.

3 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

I think he is. I'm not totally sold on the offense either. His shot is too far out in front of his body, which can be fixed, but his handle is loose and he can get really sloppy. I just don't see anything more than an 8th or 9th man. That's why him being maxed out is an issue for me. I'd rather just take Aaron Holiday, Jevon Carter, or Jalen Brunson as a backup one. I think Okobo is lumped in with someone like Tony Carr at the back of the 2nd.

Eh, that's fine. Everyone's allowed their likes and dislikes. I just really disagree here. LIS, part of it is his style is almost perfect for what the Bucks need out of the 1. He is really good in the PnR and his off the dribble shooting is top notch. I think Budenholzer can get the best out of him.

8 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Last one, methinks...

8. Cleveland Cavaliers (via BKN) - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander | PG | Kentucky

I’ve been hearing for awhile if we stay at 8 that we’re really high on Shai. 

This draft will be really interesting for Cleveland as far as what Lebron has told the Cavs what he’s doing. 

Archived