2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

How has Miles Bridges been disappointing? Played arguably the toughest schedule in the nation so far and is still producing efficiently. You could even argue he's been better this year than last. 

He played more of a 4 man role last year compared to a 3 man role this year. So, naturally, his inside numbers will drop off with JJ manning the inside. 

He's still my favorite prospect in this draft. 

33 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

How has Miles Bridges been disappointing? Played arguably the toughest schedule in the nation so far and is still producing efficiently. You could even argue he's been better this year than last. 

He played more of a 4 man role last year compared to a 3 man role this year. So, naturally, his inside numbers will drop off with JJ manning the inside. 

He's still my favorite prospect in this draft. 

I think it was just the games I have watched, his numbers are pretty good.

47 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think it was just the games I have watched, his numbers are pretty good.

Yeah could be. I know the Duke game, he forced a lot. Took some bad jumpers rather than running the offense. Even I thought he looked rough that game. 

And yet his numbers from that game are still solid ?

45 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

So where do I have to sign to sell my soul for Ayton?

Eight years of Kyrie - Brown - Hayward - Tatum - Ayton

Yesplease.

EDIT:

Can someone explain the hype for Doncic?  He's already half polished/maxed out, isn't projected to be a good shooter, he's not very explosive and is too slow to guard good point guards.  I get he's a huge potential point guard and it's all about positional versatility now, but I don't have him anywhere near Bagley/Ayton/Porter.  Plus he's a euroleague guy so there is a bit extra uncertainty there.

I wouldn't want any part of him in the top 3.

It's because the league he's in, the numbers he's putting up and the age at which he's doing it. 

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

So where do I have to sign to sell my soul for Ayton?

Eight years of Kyrie - Brown - Hayward - Tatum - Ayton

Yesplease.

EDIT:

Can someone explain the hype for Doncic?  He's already half polished/maxed out, isn't projected to be a good shooter, he's not very explosive and is too slow to guard good point guards.  I get he's a huge potential point guard and it's all about positional versatility now, but I don't have him anywhere near Bagley/Ayton/Porter.  Plus he's a euroleague guy so there is a bit extra uncertainty there.

I wouldn't want any part of him in the top 3.

He's very advanced, but not necessarily maxed out. I think he can be a very good shooter and he's an above average athlete. There's definitely room for improvement defensively though. He's probably best at the 2 or 3.

He's a pretty awesome fit in Philly.

Fultz

Doncic

Covington

Simmons

Embiid

17 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

lol at 51 seconds.  the defender just walked away.

Holy **** is that the people's champion in the background of the thumbnail? I haven't watched 1 sec of Luka & don't even know his play style, but he's immediately Mario Hezonja in my eyes & I don't think I'll even be able to like him if he looks good. 

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

I could see him as a 2 or 3.  As a 1 he's too slow laterally.  Even guys like Teague, Mills, Walker,  would blow past him and put him on skates regularly IMO.  Forget elite guys.

He's shooting 34% from 3 in europe, with european floor spacing, three point line, and defense.

I'm skeptical.

I don't know that anyone is asking him to guard ones in the NBA. And his form is pretty good. No reason to think he won't be a very good shooter based on that.

5 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

I mean, it's not bad like his defensive IQ, but I wouldn't call it high.

from a person who has watched every second of collegiate action he has played against another team (including scrimmages and exhibition games) it's impressive how often he makes the right play on offense. When teams double him before he dribbles he always makes the right pass, he has made 3-4 passes on post entries with one hand where he jumps up to catch the ball and before he lands he hits a shooter right in the shooting pocket because the defender is coming to double or hedges too much, he made a couple of nice high low passes to our other 7-footer, he works well in the elbow against a zone defense.

He is only averaging 1.7 TOs per game and it's not like he's catching a lot of lobs and getting wide open dunks. He works a lot from high and low post and makes things happen ala Aldridge. 

He's not some incredible passer but he does make the right play a high percentage of the time.

Archived