2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

17 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

from a person who has watched every second of collegiate action he has played against another team (including scrimmages and exhibition games) it's impressive how often he makes the right play on offense. When teams double him before he dribbles he always makes the right pass, he has made 3-4 passes on post entries with one hand where he jumps up to catch the ball and before he lands he hits a shooter right in the shooting pocket because the defender is coming to double or hedges too much, he made a couple of nice high low passes to our other 7-footer, he works well in the elbow against a zone defense.

He is only averaging 1.7 TOs per game and it's not like he's catching a lot of lobs and getting wide open dunks. He works a lot from high and low post and makes things happen ala Aldridge. 

He's not some incredible passer but he does make the right play a high percentage of the time.

Said it better than I ever could. Yeah, it's nothing fancy or eye-popping, but he just (seemingly) always makes the right play in the flow of the offense.

Yeah, his defense certainly could use some work, but from what I've seen it looks to be more an issue of effort compared to any physical limitations. That you can coach that up, but the way he sees the court and plays on the offensive end, that simply can't be taught.

The only thing I'd like to see more of from Ayton, is attacking close outs with a straight line dribble.  Overall I'm obviously impressed but it seems like he always takes the jump shot or passes when he gets the ball at the elbow.

On 12/16/2017 at 5:12 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

Trae Young is def ahead of Bamba and Sexton for me. Might get ahead of MPJ too, which would put him at #4.

I am a huge fan of Trae Young. One of my favorite players in the draft. 

EDIT: I don't have him that high, howvever. 

My top 10 is a little different than some of y'alls:

1. Luka Doncic
  2. DeAndre Ayton
  3. Marvin Bagley III
  4. Michael Porter Jr.
  5. Jaren Jackson Jr. 
  6. Kevin Knox
  7. Mohammad Bamba
  8. Trae Young
  9. Dzanan Musa
  10. Mikal Bridges

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:17 AM, CAS22 said:

Just wanted to come in here and say I'm a Collin Sexton and Trae Young stan.  And I will not tolerate any hate.

dang you beat me to it by 8 days.  LOL I was looking at them both and was going to ask,  are they supposed to be legit?

10 hours ago, catcheryea said:

Not Actually Good: The Kevin Knox Story

Haven't been able to watch him yet, but has he disappointed? I really, really wanted to see him in Carolina blue.

It's so early though. Sometimes people have unrealistic expectations for incoming freshman. 

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Sexton or Trae Young? Who will have a better impact on the pro level?

Sexton IMO. Young is nice but I don't think he's athletic enough to thrive in the NBA as a lead guard. I know people will undoubtedly bring up Steph but he's not Steph. 

Don't think either are anything special tho. Great college players but I'm unsure about their NBA ceilings. 

EDIT - Actually, I lied. I'll go with Young simply because he's a better facilitator. Neither are all that athletic tbh and Sexton seems more like an undersized 2 than a 1. 

Archived