2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

Just now, utley4568 said:

Oh no. Please don't choose this hill to die on finny.

i swear i say some **** that's obvious and then it's like "this is bad", "you go all in on bad takes", and like more often than not it works out and everyone goes back later and is like ah yeah i was saying that too lol. very few ppl i think really even watch like annnything. not you i mean. like 5 of you i think watch **** and don't just copy and paste takes from DX, ESPN, etc. 

not to do that weird internet **** where you prop yourself up like i just kinda think i did right there. i got mountains of bad takes that look ridiculous. but at least say some different **** ya feel.. it hasn't really gotten ridiculous yet, but im just thinking back on reading pre-draft **** last year and it was wild w/ the lack of anybody saying anything different from major outlets. 

21 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

i swear i say some **** that's obvious and then it's like "this is bad", "you go all in on bad takes", and like more often than not it works out and everyone goes back later and is like ah yeah i was saying that too lol. very few ppl i think really even watch like annnything. not you i mean. like 5 of you i think watch **** and don't just copy and paste takes from DX, ESPN, etc. 

not to do that weird internet **** where you prop yourself up like i just kinda think i did right there. i got mountains of bad takes that look ridiculous. but at least say some different **** ya feel.. it hasn't really gotten ridiculous yet, but im just thinking back on reading pre-draft **** last year and it was wild w/ the lack of anybody saying anything different from major outlets. 

You already know how I roll, my man. Here's the thing about Trae Young...he's a different type of player than Lonzo is. There's really no point in comparing them. 

11 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

He's longer? More athletic? Has a better jump shot? OOOOOHHHHH I see what you're saying. 

Yeah he needs to improve his handles, and hit the three with more consistency. He has more potential than Randle in the more perimeter centric NBA. And his athleticism gives him more defensive upside as well. 

i’m not saying you’re wrong, but if he’s going to play the 3 or small ball 4 in the nba he needs to actually be able to play on the perimeter at an nba quality level. if he can’t handle and break people down that’s not #good.

it basically comes down to me having types that i like and him not fitting those.

10 hours ago, catcheryea said:

i’m not saying you’re wrong, but if he’s going to play the 3 or small ball 4 in the nba he needs to actually be able to play on the perimeter at an nba quality level. if he can’t handle and break people down that’s not #good.

it basically comes down to me having types that i like and him not fitting those.

Okay I see what your saying. He fits my archetype on the wing. Athletic, he can shoot, and can defend. I don't expect him to be top scorer right away, but I do expect him to be an elite 3&D guy with a couple of good scoring seasons (ala a more athletic Covington)

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I saw Deandre Ayton it make him making a layup on a ESPN highlight 

I instantly knew he was the number 1 pick 

that guy is so special

He's one of those guys that shouldn't be able to move like he does

I hope he goes to ATL him vs Embiid for the next 15 years is gonna be pretty awesome 

• 2 weeks later...

Not in any mock drafts, but check out this junior from Marshall, Adjin Penava. He's a classic polished Euro big. He's a long 6'9, can shoot, dribble, pass, fluid movements and is a great shot blocker. Not terribly unathletic, and I think if he beefs up to 235 (listed at 215) he could make a stretch 4 in NBA. Definitely doesn't look like he'll leave early, but he'll probably be an all conference player this year so he'll finally catch the eyes of some scouts heading into his senior year.

Currently averaging 17 PPG on 60% shooting, 40% from 3, 74% from FT line. 9.1 RPG to go along with 4.9 BPG (leads nation).

• 4 weeks later...

For me, Luka Doncic is the clear cut best player in this draft. What he's doing at 18 (soon to be 19) years old in the EuroLeague is pretty special. Only knock on him is his 3pt shot (still) but the kid is an absolute stud.

16.0/5.5/4.5 in 25 minutes per game. He's a great finisher and has excellent vision. I think the shot will come. I'm also a little concerned about his athleticism, especially his first step, but I think he'll be fine in that regard. He has a great understanding of how to use his body to create space. He's not going to be quick enough to guard 1s but he should be okay on 2s. 

EDIT - I guess I shouldn't say clear cut. I think he's the highest immediate impact based on the fact that he's truly ready for the next level. In the end, there are a few guys with higher ceilings but they are bigger gambles, I think. Doncic is the type of player that's going to come in and immediately contribute. 

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

For me, Luka Doncic is the clear cut best player in this draft. What he's doing at 18 (soon to be 19) years old in the EuroLeague is pretty special. Only knock on him is his 3pt shot (still) but the kid is an absolute stud.

16.0/5.5/4.5 in 25 minutes per game. He's a great finisher and has excellent vision. I think the shot will come. I'm also a little concerned about his athleticism, especially his first step, but I think he'll be fine in that regard. He has a great understanding of how to use his body to create space. He's not going to be quick enough to guard 1s but he should be okay on 2s. 

EDIT - I guess I shouldn't say clear cut. I think he's the highest immediate impact based on the fact that he's truly ready for the next level. In the end, there are a few guys with higher ceilings but they are bigger gambles, I think. Doncic is the type of player that's going to come in and immediately contribute. 

If he "only" becomes a more offensively-complete version of Gordon Hayward he'd still be worthy of going #1.  And no I didn't use that comparison b/c they're white.  He's been compared as a Harden/Dragic hybrid but those guys were explosive.  

41 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I need to see more of this guy before I crown him the next big thing. I saw it with Kristaps immediately.

If you look for athleticism, you're going to be disappointed. He's the crafty type of player who understands the nuances of the game. Excellent vision and midrange. Not everyday that people fall in love with a below the rim player like they have with Doncic. Especially considering he isn't an exciting shooter like Steph or Trae. 

And nobody is really saying he's the next big thing. Just that he's a sure thing. He may never be a superstar but he's not going to bust either. That's the primary reason why I'm so high on him and Miles Bridges. Don't see any bust in their games. 

Archived