Cowboys Free Agent News

textaz03

Psyched to see LVE at such a team friendly price.  We also just added Gilmore as a CB. I doubt he will still be playing at his pro bowl level but he should be a huge upgrade. And will really help the young guys develop including being a positive influence on Diggs. Wonder what his salary will be but his pride is right, one of our three 5th round picks. 

8 minutes ago, quiller said:

Psyched to see LVE at such a team friendly price.  We also just added Gilmore as a CB. I doubt he will still be playing at his pro bowl level but he should be a huge upgrade. And will really help the young guys develop including being a positive influence on Diggs. Wonder what his salary will be but his pride is right, one of our three 5th round picks. 

I think it’s close to 8 mil, good deal. 

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Clearly they are going to rely on their defense to be dominant ala 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 02 Bucs (I believe).

All 3 teams had monster defenses, powerful running games, and a QB that, for all intents and purposes, was just above average.

But it was their defenses that dominated.

So, curious, what does this mean for the draft.

I would expect an offense-heavy draft. Lost McGovern and Brown, going to lose Schultz, we’ll see on Rush, Tyron and Zeke to return but not for much longer. Any position group on offense could use a cheap contract/youth infusion (yes, including QB). They will still make picks on defense but outside of DT and LB there may not be room for a rookie to contribute.

Also stands to reason that the incumbent DC, who was retained, is keeping “his guys” while the “new” offensive braintrust will get to use the draft to make theirs. I would hope we don’t give McCarthy/Schottenheimer too much say in the war room though

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I would expect an offense-heavy draft. Lost McGovern and Brown, going to lose Schultz, we’ll see on Rush, Tyron and Zeke to return but not for much longer. Any position group on offense could use a cheap contract/youth infusion (yes, including QB). They will still make picks on defense but outside of DT and LB there may not be room for a rookie to contribute.

Also stands to reason that the incumbent DC, who was retained, is keeping “his guys” while the “new” offensive braintrust will get to use the draft to make theirs. I would hope we don’t give McCarthy/Schottenheimer too much say in the war room though

Just what I wanted to hear.

What do you think the chances are that they:

1. Take Robinson if he is still there at 26.

2. Trade out of the 1st and get a 2nd and 4th and go double up in those rounds. Mainly Online, WR, RB, TE.

Edited by Rtnldave

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

With the Lions signing David Montgomery, I would love to see Zeke cut. Followed by a Jamaal Williams and Mike McCarthy reunion.

The team absolutely needs to move on from Zeke. 

12 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Just what I wanted to hear.

What do you think the chances are that they:

1. Take Robinson if he is still there at 26.

2. Trade out of the 1st and get a 2nd and 4th and go double up in those rounds. Mainly Online, WR, RB, TE.

It doesn’t seem like Robinson will be there at 26, so 2. I think we would probably take him though.

I think we could see TE/WR, LG, RB as our first three picks in that order. Or something like that. Still over a month to go

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m really hopeful we make a move at WR. They realized it was a problem last year, and flirted hard with Jeudy, Cooks, and OBJ before adding TY.

They can’t realistically think they won’t have the same problem this year. 

You’d figure, yeah. Wonder if the whole trade market is on hold at that position after things got a little wild at the deadline (#32 for Chase Claypool, lol)?

You add Nuk to that list, and who knows who else (Denver wants off Sutton more than Jeudy, for instance) and it may be a waiting game. I mean, they waited till December last year. But also got what they paid for doing that. Now may be your only chance to get a guy like Hopkins for a late 2nd.