Cowboys Free Agent News

textaz03

5 minutes ago, ACO said:

Really liking their offseason moves. They can for sure go BPA in the draft by securing up positions of need.

I know there was some talk about them trading for him last year. He's a nice backup option on the OL. 

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

I know there was some talk about them trading for him last year. He's a nice backup option on the OL. 

Excellent. This is a guy our pro personnel really targeted. You can probably feel good about his ability to fill in for any short term injury to 4 spots on the OL. Doesn’t stop you from drafting a guy, but protects you if the draft falls a different way.

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Excellent. This is a guy our pro personnel really targeted. You can probably feel good about his ability to fill in for any short term injury to 4 spots on the OL. Doesn’t stop you from drafting a guy, but protects you if the draft falls a different way.

Exactly. I still think their targets will be OL, WR, and DL in the draft but if a really good player out of those positions fall to them, they will not pass because of a need. They have made that mistake before. 

This offseason is one I haven't seen in a LONG TIME and I hope they continue it.

Top 100 pick in 2019

“Edoga could even be a candidate to compete for the starting spot at left guard to replace Connor McGovern.

A former third-round pick (92nd overall) of the Jets in 2019, Edoga was drafted just two spots behind McGovern. He has played 26 career games with 13 starts, including one last year in his only season with the Falcons. Edoga played left guard in Atlanta before suffering a season-ending knee injury.

Edoga (6-3, 308) has some position flex to slide into guard, but he's played mostly tackle in his career, and even at Southern Cal, where he played both left and right tackle.”

Overview
Edoga is a smooth, athletic run-blocker and an uneven, unrefined pass protector, which creates a challenge in projecting him. His ability to get to blocks in a variety of positions from his initial stance is something that cannot be taught. While some of his flaws in pass pro can be coached up, there are physical deficiencies that could plague him throughout his career. To become a successful NFL starter, he needs to check the strength, maturity, and durability boxes as early as possible in his career.
Strengths
  • Naturally gifted athlete with premium foot quickness
  • Long arms provide enough ammunition to stay at tackle despite his height
  • Very smart and understands his responsibilities on the field
  • Can fire out of stance and set out on top of rushers before they even get started
  • Has necessary footwork to redirect and mirror against rush counters
  • Out-racing him to the edge will be challenging for NFL edge rushers
  • Has flexibility and athletic tools to recover with improved positioning
  • Able to cross-face most 3-techniques and wall them off
  • Fluid and rhythmic in workup blocks
  • Top flight second-level talent with movement skills like a basketball player
  • Able to bend and adjust in space to land on moving targets
  • Top flight potential when asked to pull or handle play-side zone blocks

17 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Seems like a pretty solid backup addition. 

Falcons ‘22 recap. Only saw 60 snaps though.

Chuma Edoga: 77.8 overall grade, 62.5 pass blocking grade, 84.9 run blocking grade, one penalty, no sacks allowed. 

Seems like a great run blocker than struggles in pass pro and may have some injury issues. Best fit is probably LG here. I don’t think he’s any worse than McGovern outside injury issues. He’s athletic enough to take over McGoverns FB duties as well if MM keeps that strategy. 

Three of our four outside acquisitions thus far have combined to reach 6 SBs since 2017, with 3* combined wins between them (‘18 NE, ‘20 TB and ‘22 KC)

You can’t knock the strategy. Winners win.

Edited by matt79511
I can’t count