Cowboys Free Agent News

textaz03

Cooper's talents are being wasted by being Dak's backup. He would be better off playing for the Jets, which would be a better decision than the Jets trading for Aaron Rodgers, who showed his age in a bad way last year.

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

A look at our past 2nd rd picks tells anyone with a lick of common sense this should be an easy call. This FO is going to make it out to be splitting atoms.

Kelvin Joseph is just lighting it up though...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TVScout said:

DeAndre Hopkins looks like a player in decline tho.

60 catches, 700 yards, 3 Tds in 9 games and I believe a good chunk were without Kyler.

Still only 30 and would most likely be our number 2. Definitely worth a 2nd.

Edited by CAPJ
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, D82 said:

There’s no reason it has to already be done. The best way to get ripped off is to be desperate, and there’s no rush on our side to get it done, other than making sure no one beats us to the punch.

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

DeAndre Hopkins looks like a player in decline tho.

He was pacing at 1350 yards in his 9 games and has the type of game that should age gracefully, a la Larry Fitzgerald. Zero reason to think he isn’t a massive upgrade, even if he isn’t quite the best receiver in all of football anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPJ said:

60 catches, 700 yards, 3 Tds in 9 games and I believe a good chunk were without Kyler.

Still only 30 and would most likely be our number 2. Definitely worth a 2nd.

That equates to a 113 catch, 1322 yard season. The TDs were low because Kyler Murray stunk it up and then got hurt. So, if you give me that and 8+ TDs, I’d take that in a heartbeat.

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

That equates to a 113 catch, 1322 yard season. The TDs were low because Kyler Murray stunk it up and then got hurt. So, if you give me that and 8+ TDs, I’d take that in a heartbeat.

My only concern, will he excel with Dak? DHop doesn't get great separation. Have to throw in tight windows and trust him to make a play. He has great hands and fights for it, I just don't see him working well with Dak.

2 hours ago, CAPJ said:

My only concern, will he excel with Dak? DHop doesn't get great separation. Have to throw in tight windows and trust him to make a play. He has great hands and fights for it, I just don't see him working well with Dak.

How does this pass the smell test for even the biggest Dak haters? Have you seen the QB carousel he’s thrived with his whole career? Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenan, Ryan Mallett, Tom Savage, and Brock Osweiler. I assure you, if those guys can get the ball to Hopkins, Dak can too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

How does this pass the smell test for even the biggest Dak haters? Have you seen the QB carousel he’s thrived with his whole career? Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenan, Ryan Mallett, Tom Savage, and Brock Osweiler. I assure you, if those guys can get the ball to Hopkins, Dak can too.

First off I'm not a Dak hater, just not a Dak lover.

Dak is good at finding the open man and not taking chances, which is why Schultz has succeeded. Dak rather take an easy 6 yard throw and a tough 15 yard out. That's just his makeup.

Hopkins has a lot of the same things that made Dez great. Dak and Dez weren't a great pairing. 

Not saying Hopkins would fail here. Yes Dak is probably the best QB Hopkins would have played with, but skillsets and decision making matters.