Week 13: Chiefs vs Jets

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think most of us need to realize that we are not nearly as bad as we thought we'd be when training camp began, and that these are NOT the same ol' lame-*** Jets. 

We are building something here.

Funny thing is that how suddenly the Hackenberg discussion becomes obsolete.  Please for Jets' sake, it is not just dormant.

28 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He is suspended for one game. Lucky you.

Its was a totally bone-headed play, but lets be honest, even though he tears us a new @$$#0!3 literally every time we play them, the guy is the furthest thing from a thug. This is completely out of character for Gronk and I think the one game is fair. OBJ was way more of an animal and on several occasions and i think the Josh Norman incident earned him just one game IIRC but if not someone refresh it for me. 

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Funny thing is that how suddenly the Hackenberg discussion becomes obsolete.  Please for Jets' sake, it is not just dormant.

Yeah but it has to. Bowles literally gave him every opportunity to win that battle and he failed miserably. I defended him and Petty but both are incredibly inaccurate and wont ever have success in this league. We will likely be moving on. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I think it's worse to harp on the bad pick and try to force development where it just isn't going to be. If this regime tries to stay with Hack without addressing the QB position they deserve to be fired. They found out this year Hack is not the guy and they are going to try a new QB.

3 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think it's worse to harp on the bad pick and try to force development where it just isn't going to be. If this regime tries to stay with Hack without addressing the QB position they deserve to be fired. They found out this year Hack is not the guy and they are going to try a new QB.

He hasn't seen a snap, how can you say they found out he's not the guy?

11 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

He's had almost a full year on the bench, he can easily improve.  Not saying he will but I can't write him off until I see him fail during the season.

I hope you are right man but I hated the pick. Watched a ton of Penn State while he was there (good friend married a girl from there who was and is crazy about football)  and he has pretty much always sucked

1 minute ago, MoLewis57 said:

I hope you are right man but I hated the pick. Watched a ton of Penn State while he was there (good friend married a girl from there who was and is crazy about football)  and he has pretty much always sucked

Hated the pick and hated him at Penn State because my cousin went there same freshman year as Hack and my Uncle became a huge fan and I hate any of his football analysis so because he loved Hack I hated him even more.

However, Hack was supposed to be the next Tom Brady then lost players and his footwork got changed.  I'd like to hope he can salvage something because he's still young and learning.

40 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

He's had almost a full year on the bench, he can easily improve.  Not saying he will but I can't write him off until I see him fail during the season.

He's under contract for 2 more years, we aren't giving up on him. There is just nothing he is going to do right now that we'll prevent us from looking for a QB so why switch when McCown is playing well?

the only reason is to appease fans or to tank. I don't think the team wants to send that message. 

4 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I wonder if a team would be willing to trade for Hackenberg, perhaps for a center?

That would kill two birds with one stone.

I think they'd attempt during trading camp if a team loses a guy to injury. I think his value is so low right now it makes more sense for us to hope he shows some NFL quality play next preseason.

Archived