Jump to content

POST COMBINE: 10 Players...


mwalker

Recommended Posts

List 10 players you'd ecstatic for the Steelers to get 4 of.

Obviously that means not just picking every highest rated player,
but 10 you really like from across the board.

My 10:

OT B.Jones
OG O.Torrence
OC J.Michael-Schmitz
TE D.Washington
DT M.Smith
DT K.Benton
LB J.Campbell
EDGE B.Young
CB D.Witherspoon
CB C.Smith
 

Edited by mwalker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1st - Emmanuel Forbes CB Miss St, Calijah Kancey DT PITT

32 - Nolan Smith LB Georgia, John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota

49 - Tuli Tuipulotu DL USC, Julius Brents CB Kansas St

3rd - Demario Douglas WR Liberty

4th - Dee Winters LB TCU, Dante Stills DE WVU

7 - Tyler Lacy DE Oklahoma St

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Raidersfan1 said:

1st - Emmanuel Forbes CB Miss St, Calijah Kancey DT PITT

32 - Nolan Smith LB Georgia, John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota

49 - Tuli Tuipulotu DL USC, Julius Brents CB Kansas St

3rd - Demario Douglas WR Liberty

4th - Dee Winters LB TCU, Dante Stills DE WVU

7 - Tyler Lacy DE Oklahoma St

 

 

 

won't Forbes last to 32? 17 seems a bit early,  but the draft isn't easily predictable is it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, 3rivers said:

won't Forbes last to 32? 17 seems a bit early,  but the draft isn't easily predictable is it.

I find it hard to believe - a 6'2" CB that just ran 4.35 that had 6 pick six scores or something of the like is well deserving of a top 32 pick.

AND if you want him.... you take him at #17

Edited by Raidersfan1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Raidersfan1 said:

I find it hard to believe - a 6'2" CB that just ran 4.35 that had 6 pick six scores or something of the like is well deserving of a top 32 pick.

AND if you want him.... you take him at #17

I liked the  Forbes pick , but never expect him to rise this much, but reality is that he has speed and can cover and catch.   So do you see him as the 4th or 5th CB taken in the draft?

Edited by 3rivers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 1:05 PM, 3rivers said:

I liked the  Forbes pick , but never expect him to rise this much, but reality is that he has speed and can cover and catch.   So do you see him as the 4th or 5th CB taken in the draft?

Forbes and Cam Smith are my top players. And I like Ringo. All-SEC first team more or less. 

 

Media Darlings - Gonzalez, Porter, Witherspoon. Gonzalez I see as a combine warrior. Witherspoon as a Darqueze Dennard. And Porter I can get down with if we press and blitz. You get there before anyone gets off the line - gotta love it

 

 

Then there will always be that late 1st rd group: Like Deontr Banks. Solid 50-50. I say fail. I'd really like to see the full picture. This goes for all. Do they not target him, or is his 1 INT and 8 PD shoddy quality? Like PD per target would be a nice stat. Or average displacement from receiver, if we really wanna get down

And then I saw his teammate Jakorian Bennett and I was like, immediately, I like how this guy plays. More so than the other guy.

Tyrique Stevenson would be an example of a 2nd rd CB that makes it 

DJ Turner. I like him, too. Especially with some ballhawks back there. His speed will make the field much smaller and would be aood asset piece in developing an secondary.

Not in a rush on Rush.

Garrett Williams off the injury might be an example of a good pickup in the 3rd if you can accumulate more picks. Considered Vorhees for a similar route, but it's not gonna be it.

Kei'trel Clark from Louisville is a slippery slot type in the 4th rd I like. 

Clark Phillips is tough. He's obviously good at this level. His body seems pretty tapped out. How much more do we got here?

Still like Lance Boykin. 6'3" with some sort of splash stat every game but more so 7th/udfa now 

 

There's also a bunch of safeties I like: Jammie Robinson, Antonio Johnson, especially with scheme possibilities with Fitzpatrick and PP in the secondary. Sidney Brown is a less explosive Troy in terms of play. 

And then you got Ji'ayir Brown who at the very least can play special teams in that 4th round range. There's a few, dozen, I haven't looked at, but in reality, only like the UGA kid, then go thru the Brandon Joseph ND experiment bc he was good at N'western. Very good, in fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Raidersfan1 said:

Forbes and Cam Smith are my top players. And I like Ringo. All-SEC first team more or less. 

 

Media Darlings - Gonzalez, Porter, Witherspoon. Gonzalez I see as a combine warrior. Witherspoon as a Darqueze Dennard. And Porter I can get down with if we press and blitz. You get there before anyone gets off the line - gotta love it

 

 

Then there will always be that late 1st rd group: Like Deontr Banks. Solid 50-50. I say fail. I'd really like to see the full picture. This goes for all. Do they not target him, or is his 1 INT and 8 PD shoddy quality? Like PD per target would be a nice stat. Or average displacement from receiver, if we really wanna get down

And then I saw his teammate Jakorian Bennett and I was like, immediately, I like how this guy plays. More so than the other guy.

Tyrique Stevenson would be an example of a 2nd rd CB that makes it 

DJ Turner. I like him, too. Especially with some ballhawks back there. His speed will make the field much smaller and would be aood asset piece in developing an secondary.

Not in a rush on Rush.

Garrett Williams off the injury might be an example of a good pickup in the 3rd if you can accumulate more picks. Considered Vorhees for a similar route, but it's not gonna be it.

Kei'trel Clark from Louisville is a slippery slot type in the 4th rd I like. 

Clark Phillips is tough. He's obviously good at this level. His body seems pretty tapped out. How much more do we got here?

Still like Lance Boykin. 6'3" with some sort of splash stat every game but more so 7th/udfa now 

 

There's also a bunch of safeties I like: Jammie Robinson, Antonio Johnson, especially with scheme possibilities with Fitzpatrick and PP in the secondary. Sidney Brown is a less explosive Troy in terms of play. 

And then you got Ji'ayir Brown who at the very least can play special teams in that 4th round range. There's a few, dozen, I haven't looked at, but in reality, only like the UGA kid, then go thru the Brandon Joseph ND experiment bc he was good at N'western. Very good, in fact.

Clark Phillips will drop a bit and he's a helluva slot corner.
Not saying he's my pick for us, but someone will get a good player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mwalker said:

Clark Phillips will drop a bit and he's a helluva slot corner.
Not saying he's my pick for us, but someone will get a good player.

Mike Hilton

5'8 3/4", 178 LBs

29 3/8", 8 5/8"

33.5"

9'9"

4.55, 1.59

4.19, 6.86

13 reps

 

 

Clark Phillips III

5'9" 184 LBs

29 1/8", 9 1/8"

33"

N/A

4.51, 1.51

4.32 short shuttle, 7.0 3 cone (estimated)

18 reps

 

 

 

So - the 1.51 burst is what stands out. That's what drives his action on the field. It's just over longer periods of time, he suffers from having those short legs, as they can't cover ground quickly enough to be 4.4. That's okay, we'll use him where he doesn't run vertical. This "downward drive action" and force he carries himself through the ball is what makes him like a pinball.

For comparison, I think CJ2K is 1.49 10y split. 

I don't see the combine as hurting him. 4.5 from the slot is fine if you are quick. I'd like to know how close or how quickly he can hug the RT and trace his right hip, since this guy wants to play 3 cone games. Which means you're probably a 7 second 3 cone, which would be just average. So don't test.

Yanno, it kinda reminds me of a Jammie Robinson situation. 

I'd take him as high as #49 as arguably one of the best value picks in that spot 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...