Saints to sign QB Derek Carr

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m sure Saints fans will love when Carr lights it up for 3 games and then has a dud where he loses 37-13 and can’t get a 1st down and looks scared as **** all game. 

We'll get 3 games of good QB play!? Sign me up!

• Like 3

Just now, Raves said:

Like combined, of all the minutes throughout the game, you could find 3 whole quarters of good QB play?

Winston 4Q in Game 1 then I can scrap together some good moments from the rest of the season to hopefully add up to 3 total quarters. 

On 3/16/2023 at 4:19 PM, BayRaider said:

I’m sure Saints fans will love when Carr lights it up for 3 games and then has a dud where he loses 37-13 and can’t get a 1st down and looks scared as **** all game. 

I'm sure that was a common occurrence behind that dumpster fire of an OL. He won't have that issue here. The last time he had an OL this good he had MVP votes. 

Enjoy Jimmy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kingram said:

I'm sure that was a common occurrence behind that dumpster fire of an OL. He won't have that issue here. The last time he had an OL this good he had MVP votes. 

Enjoy Jimmy. 

Actually he had a fantastic OL in both 2019 and 2020. Carr is a statue in the pocket and one of the worst play extenders in the NFL. 

And enjoy someone who won’t throw unless a guy is super open. Also one of the worst redzone QB’s in the NFL for 9 straight years. In the redzone, the tight space makes him nervous. 

57 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Actually he had a fantastic OL in both 2019 and 2020. Carr is a statue in the pocket and one of the worst play extenders in the NFL. 

And enjoy someone who won’t throw unless a guy is super open. Also one of the worst redzone QB’s in the NFL for 9 straight years. In the redzone, the tight space makes him nervous. 

Taysom tends to get a lot of red zone snaps at QB, so I'm not worried. Thanks for the concern though. I would not call your 2020 OL fantastic by any stretch of the word, and 2019 you had multiple guys miss 4+ games.

This is the best offensive situation he's had in his career, with the best defense he's had by far. He won't need to play catch up every 4th quarter anymore, hopefully. At his worst...Carr has consistently been a top 12ish QB and had an MVP level season mixed in. All he has to do is be better than Dalton, not a tall task.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...