• Indianapolis
    • Seattle
    • Detroit
    • Las Vegas
    • Atlanta
    • Carolina
    • Other (Please State)

13 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Indianapolis will trade 4, 35, 106, and 2024 1st rd pick to Chicago for #1 and selects CJ Stroud

They're a fascinating, least likely to be in for Bryce Young based on Ballard's stated preferences and most likely based on their absolute need to get their guy. 

New England.

Trade Michael McCorkle Jones to Vegas for their 1st rounder. Send both firsts including a couple future firsts to Chicago for the #1. Young reunites with OB and Belichick rights NE as he bows out in a year or two. McDaniels gets his young franchise QB. Chicago gets a boatload.

14 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

New England.

Trade Michael McCorkle Jones to Vegas for their 1st rounder. Send both firsts including a couple future firsts to Chicago for the #1. Young reunites with OB and Belichick rights NE as he bows out in a year or two. McDaniels gets his young franchise QB. Chicago gets a boatload.

Mac Jones value went up after last year? How is he worth pick 7 with  the cheapest two years of his rookie contract burned off? I could see Bryce Young (Levis, Stroud, Richardson, Anderson, Carter and either a CB or DE for top 6) being at 7th pick and Raiders and Patriots flipping firsts and Raiders netting the Patriots pick with Mac Jones. I don't see just giving pick 7 for him.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

Indianapolis is laser focused on C.J. Stroud so they'll have Ryan Poles on speed dial, offering two firsts and a 2023 second.  With QBs going 1, 2, and probably 3, Chicago knows they can still get Will Anderson (or Jalen Carter as a consolation prize), so going to #4 is a no cost no brainer.

It is far from clear the Bears will be willing to give that up by trading lower.  The "7 of 9" crew (Raiders at #7, Atlanta at #8, Carolina at #9) will be offering 3 firsts.

A tougher issue will be:  What team will end up at #3?

I can't see Seattle making that deal after just extending Geno. Lions I think are also content with Goff IMO.

Colts would be the most obvious. I kinda doubt the Texans would move up 1 spot, would be find just taking Stroud.

41 minutes ago, Danger said:

I can't see Seattle making that deal after just extending Geno. Lions I think are also content with Goff IMO.

Colts would be the most obvious. I kinda doubt the Texans would move up 1 spot, would be find just taking Stroud.

I agree with some of the other posters. It looks to me unless Houston only likes one guy that it's Stroud to Indy and the Young to Houston. It'll get interesting to see who liked Richardson and Levis and whether there is a trade-up. This draft looks like Young and Stroud in stone order one and two.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Honestly, I think the team who moves up to 1 is going to take Stroud, but maybe I'm wrong.  

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't think it would happen, but Carolina would probably have to do something like:

#1/3000 for #9/1350, #39/510, #61/292

You probably have to throw in a future #1 after that. 

It'd cost more than that. According to DJ:

"If you want to go all the way to nine, you are going to get the ninth pick, you are going to get the 39th pick, and get a first round in '24 and a first round in '25."

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It'd cost more than that. According to DJ:

"If you want to go all the way to nine, you are going to get the ninth pick, you are going to get the 39th pick, and get a first round in '24 and a first round in '25."

You're not getting 2 future FRPs plus an early SRP to move up 8 slots.  The Bears can ask for that, but there's no way the Panthers remotely consider that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I don't think Geno is the long term answer for Seattle.  so this might be the opportunity to get a young QB that could sit for a year and then 2024 is a QB competition between Smith and draft pick.  

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You're not getting 2 future FRPs plus an early SRP to move up 8 slots.  The Bears can ask for that, but there's no way the Panthers remotely consider that.

We've only seen the #1 pick get traded once in recent draft history and the Titans got #15, #43, #45, #76, 2017 1st, 2017 3rd. So two 1sts, two 2nds, and two 3rds.

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I don't think Geno is the long term answer for Seattle.  so this might be the opportunity to get a young QB that could sit for a year and then 2024 is a QB competition between Smith and draft pick.  

Drafting a QB at 5 (Richardson if he's there, Levis worst case scenario) and having him sit behind Geno for a year would be a solid plan for the Seahawks. 
Stroud & Young are both ready to start their rookie year so it wouldn't make as much sense with them (though they're probably going 1-2 anyway).