• Houston
    • Indianapolis
    • Seattle
    • Detroit
    • Las Vegas
    • Atlanta
    • Carolina
    • Other (Please State)

Apparently I'm the only one to vote 'other' so far, my vote is for Ravens.

I assume teams will get desperate, at least desperate enough that the Ravens won't match, and Lamar will be traded. Assuming that pick is 4-7-8-9-11-13-19 the Ravens would have ammo to strike for the #1 pick. Their target could be the Alabama QB realistically which is a program their front office is uber connected to. The early, ie Texans pick #1, was always Texans get Bryce Young. If you are going for number 1, you are intentionally jumping Houston. Makes as much sense to me as any other option.

I think the Colts are the most likely. I think Houston is content staying at 2 and will take the Stroud or Young or BPA. Colts are in a position where they could miss out on the top QBs if they don't move up, and they seem the most desperate to move up and grab their guy.

• Like 1

If I'm the Colts, I trade back a few picks, grab Bijan Robinson, then move to get Darnell Washington and become a bigtime running team with multi TE sets. Also try to draft/sign a young speedy RB and have a 3-headed rushing monster. Completely change the paradigm and run the ball 50+ times a game and control the clock. Then you'll have Pierce and Pitttman getting freed up for intermediate/deep passes with defenses focused on the run.

8 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

If I'm the Colts, I trade back a few picks, grab Bijan Robinson, then move to get Darnell Washington and become a bigtime running team with multi TE sets. Also try to draft/sign a young speedy RB and have a 3-headed rushing monster. Completely change the paradigm and run the ball 50+ times a game and control the clock. Then you'll have Pierce and Pitttman getting freed up for intermediate/deep passes with defenses focused on the run.

Who's passing them the ball..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tetsujin said:

If you're passing the ball only 15 times a game, it just needs to be a serviceable QB. Preferably one who can run himself and add to the rushing attack.

Yea, Irsay isn't gonna let this happen. They've basically been doing that the past 2 years.

6 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Yea, Irsay isn't gonna let this happen. They've basically been doing that the past 2 years.

But they didn't have the personnel for it.

I know it won't happen; It's just my football fantasy.

In this scenario, the Colts also draft Cody Mauch, who used to play TE, and move him back to TE in certain sets, so you have Mauch and Washington blocking at the edges.

3 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

But they didn't have the personnel for it.

I know it won't happen; It's just my football fantasy.

In this scenario, the Colts also draft Cody Mauch, who used to play TE, and move him back to TE in certain sets, so you have Mauch and Washington blocking at the edges.

Jonathan Taylor had 1800 yards in 2021, that's basically what you wanted no?

53 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Jonathan Taylor had 1800 yards in 2021, that's basically what you wanted no?

That team averaged 150 yards rushing per game. Hines had the second most yardage with 276. I’m talking about 200+ team ypg, with a little more balanced distribution. Also, a RB typically misses significant time most seasons, so depth would be important.

And when I used the term “big time running team”, I’m thinking 60%+ rushing plays as a starting point. And if you have 2-3 bigplay RB’s, you’re going to break a few big runs per game.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man do I ever want Stroud, Young or Richardson... but the prices to do so and outbid other teams is going to be hell.

It won't be worth it for the Raiders, IMO. They have too many holes. Just sign a vet and tank, would be my suggestion. You're just out of reach from a QB and, IMO, the roster isn't good enough to go all-in on a QB.

• Like 1

Colts

dont miss this opportunity 

Gotta trade up for CJ or Young.*

Trade 4 your 2nd and 2024 first and get like a 3rd or 4th back and keep it moving. 

Build around your guy.

Levis ain’t it. Don’t play yourselves. 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1