• Indianapolis
    • Seattle
    • Detroit
    • Las Vegas
    • Atlanta
    • Carolina
    • Other (Please State)

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Would you prefer Levis at 7 if he's there? 

I truly do not want Levis. Not a fan of him which is hilarious given I am down for Anthony Richardson. I just don't feel it with him and I feel like if we want to gamble go all in. At #7 if the big 3 are gone, I want to attack the DL personally. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Colts

dont miss this opportunity 

Gotta trade up for CJ or Stroud. 

Trade 4 your 2nd and 2024 first and get like a 3rd or 4th back and keep it moving. 

Build around your guy.

Levis ain’t it. Don’t play yourselves. 

They aren't getting anything back but that might ALMOST get it done.  Poles says he has a 24 AND 25 frp right now.  Colts would have to swerten the pot  little from that offer

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

They aren't getting anything back but that might ALMOST get it done.  Poles says he has a 24 AND 25 frp right now.  Colts would have to swerten the pot  little from that offer

But that drop he might have could be much more significant then only going to 4.

Im not trying to miss out on Jalen Carter or Will Anderson. Those are the two diamonds in the draft defensively. That defense has no identity. They need a superstar don’t pass one of those up either. Picks are picks you need great players.

Go get you a franchise player. 

A Bears-Texans trade doesn't make much sense. The Bears paid up a few years back to get Trubisky but that just shows be careful what you wish for.

I think the Colts will trade up to 1 and take Stroud. Texans will stay put and be happy with Young. Someone will likely trade with Arizona for Richardson. Then the Bears can take Carter or Anderson. It's possible the Cardinals stay at 3 and take one of them with the Bears getting the other. Even that is a good scenario for da Bears. They can probably get Indy's first and second this year and next for pick 1. That's a good haul toward their rebuild, along with their large amount of cap space. Panthers might move up if ownership insists but other teams don't seem very likely to go to 1. 

11 hours ago, sparky151 said:

A Bears-Texans trade doesn't make much sense. The Bears paid up a few years back to get Trubisky but that just shows be careful what you wish for.

I think the Colts will trade up to 1 and take Stroud. Texans will stay put and be happy with Young. Someone will likely trade with Arizona for Richardson. Then the Bears can take Carter or Anderson. It's possible the Cardinals stay at 3 and take one of them with the Bears getting the other. Even that is a good scenario for da Bears. They can probably get Indy's first and second this year and next for pick 1. That's a good haul toward their rebuild, along with their large amount of cap space. Panthers might move up if ownership insists but other teams don't seem very likely to go to 1. 

It makes sense if they have 1 guy that they absolutely feel is the one they want to have and don't want Indianapolis to have.  That said, it makes a lot less sense in this draft I think than it would for Indy, Carolina, or Las Vegas to make the move.

17 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I truly do not want Levis. Not a fan of him which is hilarious given I am down for Anthony Richardson. I just don't feel it with him and I feel like if we want to gamble go all in. At #7 if the big 3 are gone, I want to attack the DL personally. 

I'm not in on Levis or Richardson, but I 100% take a chance on Richardson before I would Levis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

It makes sense if they have 1 guy that they absolutely feel is the one they want to have and don't want Indianapolis to have.  That said, it makes a lot less sense in this draft I think than it would for Indy, Carolina, or Las Vegas to make the move.

Exactly.  Unlike the Colts, Houston hasn't clarified which top two or three QB they want.

More importantly, though, as long as it doesn't involve losing Will Anderson (or, perhaps, Jalen Carter), why accept a pittance from #2 Houston when Chicago can get much more from #4 Indianapolis?

1 hour ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Exactly.  Unlike the Colts, Houston hasn't clarified which top two or three QB they want.

More importantly, though, as long as it doesn't involve losing Will Anderson (or, perhaps, Jalen Carter), why accept a pittance from #2 Houston when Chicago can get much more from #4 Indianapolis?

I would say the same logic could apply to the Bears.  If Will Anderson is their guy, they could still move down to 2, but beyond that is riskier because who knows what the Cardinals are going to do.  I think they'd be happy to trade down further, even if it means they don't get Anderson, though.

On 3/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, Trojan said:

Mac Jones value went up after last year? How is he worth pick 7 with  the cheapest two years of his rookie contract burned off? I could see Bryce Young (Levis, Stroud, Richardson, Anderson, Carter and either a CB or DE for top 6) being at 7th pick and Raiders and Patriots flipping firsts and Raiders netting the Patriots pick with Mac Jones. I don't see just giving pick 7 for him.

I think McDaniels would look more at his first year where he coached him to one of the best rookie seasons ever for a QB on a much less talented offensive team.

Edited by BrownLeader

5 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

It only makes sense for Texans to trade up if they think other teams going to 1 want the same guy they do. But they can't know that before the trade is done. My guess is if the Colts or Panthers or Raiders go to 1, it's for Stroud. But the Texans may prefer Young or be indifferent between the 2. Every team stacks their board differently which is part of what makes it fun to watch. 

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

It only makes sense for Texans to trade up if they think other teams going to 1 want the same guy they do. But they can't know that before the trade is done. My guess is if the Colts or Panthers or Raiders go to 1, it's for Stroud. But the Texans may prefer Young or be indifferent between the 2. Every team stacks their board differently which is part of what makes it fun to watch. 

I like Stroud over Young, but if i'm at 2, I'm not giving up assets to get my pick of the two.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

A lot of GMs wouldn't want to leave that to a 50/50 chance.  

Houston trades up to #1, simply because they don't want Indy to take "their guy" and I think their 2 and 32 gets the deal done.

I think Carolina or maybe Tennessee ends up drafting at #2 though..... the value zone of this draft is picks like 8-60 with a ton of talent all having similar grades, and I think Poles won't see much difference between picking #4 and picking #9 (or 11), when it also means significantly more draft capital coming back his way if he moved down further.

I'd add, if Chicago traded down to 4, I can't see them then being able to move that pick for more capital. So basically if Indy wanted #2 they'd need to be matching (with their own higher picks) the trades that teams trading all the way from 9 or 11 would be putting up...... and if they wanted #1, they'd need to match that AND the value from Houston trading up.

TLDR I don't think it's the colts picking #1 unless they are -=dramatically=- overpaying relative to the rest of the field. #4 overall this draft just isn't that valuable.

Edited by Epyon

If Chicago ends up at #4 it means Anderson makes it to #3.  That would guarantee Anderson not making it to Seattle and AZ could justify trading down with Vegas (Carter) or Carolina (Murphy).  I think Monti pulls the trigger in that scenario where the Bears take Anderson and he’s out of the division.