• Indianapolis
    • Seattle
    • Detroit
    • Las Vegas
    • Atlanta
    • Carolina
    • Other (Please State)

On 3/7/2023 at 9:09 AM, MikeT14 said:

I don't think it would happen, but Carolina would probably have to do something like:

#1/3000 for #9/1350, #39/510, #61/292

You probably have to throw in a future #1 after that. 

so swap #39 for a future second (in 2025) but also throw in DJ Moore. Yeesh.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Pick 4 is pretty valuable to teams looking for pass rushers and who don't need a QB. If Chicago trades down to 4, I think they stay there and pick Carter/Anderson. For the Bears to try to move to 2 and then 4, might be playing it too cute. I agree that pick 33 is likely enough to get Houston from 2 to 1 but then Indy might not pay nearly as much to go from 4 to 2 as from 4 to 1 if Texans take same player Indy wanted. 

The problem is Carter has probably been off their board for a while due to character concerns (the Bears are VERY risk averse on those cases) and Arizona has a decent chance of taking Anderson at #3.... So for the Bears to have gone to #4 they'd have to both love Anderson and be sure that Ari wouldn't take him. Much riskier.

The biggest loser here is the colts though. At BEST they're getting the #3 QB now, behind Carolina and Houston..... and there's a very real chance they have to still trade up with Arizona to do even that.

Second biggest loser is probably JSN.... With Moore being part of the deal, there's really no where near the need to go out and draft another WR if he was really hoping for that Fields reunion.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I kind of don't like trading for veterans who are on "going rate" kinds of contracts.  Guys on cheap rookie deals?  Absolutely.  But if a guy already recently saw free agency and then you trade for him, I'm not big on that kind of thing.

Gotta remember Chicago has an enormous amount of cap space this season, to the point where I'm pretty sure they're going to have to outspend every other team in the league just to hit the minimum thresholds.

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I kind of don't like trading for veterans who are on "going rate" kinds of contracts.  Guys on cheap rookie deals?  Absolutely.  But if a guy already recently saw free agency and then you trade for him, I'm not big on that kind of thing.

The WR pool is super meh in free agency and the draft. Moore is easily the best WR they could've acquired and his cap hits over the next three seasons aren't terrible (20M, 16M, 16M). 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Epyon said:

The problem is Carter has probably been off their board for a while due to character concerns (the Bears are VERY risk averse on those cases) and Arizona has a decent chance of taking Anderson at #3.... So for the Bears to have gone to #4 they'd have to both love Anderson and be sure that Ari wouldn't take him. Much riskier.

The biggest loser here is the colts though. At BEST they're getting the #3 QB now, behind Carolina and Houston..... and there's a very real chance they have to still trade up with Arizona to do even that.

Second biggest loser is probably JSN.... With Moore being part of the deal, there's really no where near the need to go out and draft another WR if he was really hoping for that Fields reunion.

Playing devils advocate…Burrows had Higgins.  They added his college receiver with the 5th pick when they had glaring needs.  Why not draft JSN to pair with Moore?

They could move up or look for O-Line help at 53, 61, 64 and/or spend some of that money in free agency.  

Burrows has won five play-off games in two years with a bad line.

edit: As others have said, this is the perfect opportunity to give Fields his opportunity.  If it doesn’t work they have multiple 1st and 2nd rounders to work with for next years draft.

Edited by USADave
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, USADave said:

Playing devils advocate…Burrows had Higgins.  They added his college receiver with the 5th pick when they had glaring needs.  Why not draft JSN to pair with Moore?

They could move up or look for O-Line help at 53, 61, 64 and/or spend some of that money in free agency.  

edit: As others have said, this is the perfect opportunity to give Fields his opportunity.  If it doesn’t work they have multiple 1st and 2nd rounders to work with for next years draft.

Why please tell me why… so many people from Richard Sherman to this guy can’t comprehend that his last name is Burrow not Burrows… 

53 minutes ago, USADave said:

Because the WR group is already probably the best positional group on the team now.  If JSN were to be available at the end of round 1, a trade up wouldn't be a terrible idea, but taking him at 9 or even in the middle of the first when its really the sweet spot for offensive and defensive lineman which is a huge need.  People mock Chase Claypool, but as third WR on the depth chart behind Moore and Mooney, I'd say thats a pretty solid starting point for the time being, especially since Claypool has had an offseason to recover from his injuries and spend more time with the playbook & building a rapport with Fields.  Not to mention that all 3 of the Bears top 3 are currently 25 or younger, so there is definite room for growth.  Also, I don't have any hard stats to back this up, but I would expect the Bears not to run 4 WR sets a lot unless we see an injury to Cole Kmet.

If one of them doesn't work out well, they always will have ammo next year for Marvin Harrison jr.  

• Like 1