Talib and Crabtree suspended 2 games by NFL for fighting

MightyMouse07

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-21591665

The NFL took Sunday's brawl between the Raiders and Broncos far more seriously than it does most fights. Broncos CB Aqib Talib and Raiders WR Michael Crabtree were each suspended two games, on top of their in-game ejections. Typically, the NFL allows ejections to mitigate any further missed time. But the league seemed intent on sending a message as tensions rise during the playoff chase.

They deserve it tbh. Both of them have acted like idiots around each other for over a season now. 

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Sending a message by disqualifying players from teams with no playoff aspirations... sounds like Roger to me.

Yeah he should've suspended Brady instead, that'd teach 'em.

These guys are both idiots but Talib is just a trash human. 

Talib should have gotten suspended for the season.  I mean, he went out intending to start a fight.  Guys can get heated which is a part of the game.  But there's a big difference in tempers flaring and scuffling and a guy walking onto the field with the goal of starting a fight.  

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Talib should have gotten suspended for the season.  I mean, he went out intending to start a fight.  Guys can get heated which is a part of the game.  But there's a big difference in tempers flaring and scuffling and a guy walking onto the field with the goal of starting a fight.  

I agree with this - Talib had intent to escalate, and this isn't the first time he's got into a scuffle like this. 

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He punched Chris Harris Jr literally one play before the fight.  

And AJ Green literally tackled a guy to the ground twice by his neck, threw multiple punches and kicks, took off his own helmet and circled back around trying to fight again.

Again, I'm not arguing that Crabtree shouldn't of been suspended. I'm just saying where is the consistency.

37 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Suspend him for the season?  Why?  Michael Crabtree punched Chris Harris Jr. in the stomach on the Raiders second offensive possession.  That was such a punk move.  Harris Jr. is just playing the game and Crabtree completely throws a sucker punch at him, for what appears to be no actual reason.  He also massively overblocked Talib out of bounds.

If you ask me, Crabtree was the person who was hellbent on starting the fight and had it premeditated before the game even started.

Understand the reasons for the penalty are different here than iwth AJ Green/Ramsey and Evans/Lattimore :

1.  There was clear history from last season - Talib pure classless act in pulling Crabtree's chain off in-game, and I'm saying that as a Broncos fan.  Link - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/01/aqib-talib-rips-michael-crabtree-chain/ (Refs and coaches were well aware of this pre-game too).

2.  Talib's past history factors in, not just the past incident with Crabtree.

3.  Having said that, Crabtree also went in looking for a fight, starting it with Harris Jr. one play before, and re-started it when things were cooling down..

I'd be shocked given the letter sent if Talib gets his 2-games reduced - it's more than just what happened on Sunday.  I'd think it's 50-50 Crabtree gets reduced to 1 game TBH.   Given we are out of the playoffs, it's fine by me - 2/16 game cheques go back to DEN's 2018 cap, and right now, it's all about 2018+ for DEN.   For OAK, getting Crabtree back even a game earlier makes a huge potential diff for them, being only 1 game back of KC (and holding the tiebreaker if they beat them a 2nd time later this year, although they'll also have to deal with the surging Chargers).

Here's the official letter to both, which outlines the above points:

Archived