Talib and Crabtree suspended 2 games by NFL for fighting

MightyMouse07

11 hours ago, showtime said:

Suspend him for the season?  Why?  Michael Crabtree punched Chris Harris Jr. in the stomach on the Raiders second offensive possession.  That was such a punk move.  Harris Jr. is just playing the game and Crabtree completely throws a sucker punch at him, for what appears to be no actual reason.  He also massively overblocked Talib out of bounds.

If you ask me, Crabtree was the person who was hellbent on starting the fight and had it premeditated before the game even started.

I think Crabtree's suspension is about right, but Talib deserves more.

Although, I wouldn't have minded if both got kicked out for the season.  As I said, it's one thing when guys loose their cool.  Talib premeditated this.

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

Talib should to permanently banned from the NFL  Dirty player with a huge history of this sort of stuff

The NFL hasn't banned Vontaze Burfict yet, so there's no way they're going to ban Aqib Talib. Although I wouldn't lose a second of sleep if both were banned for life. They make the game worse.

15 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Understand the reasons for the penalty are different here than iwth AJ Green/Ramsey and Evans/Lattimore :

1.  There was clear history from last season - Talib pure classless act in pulling Crabtree's chain off in-game, and I'm saying that as a Broncos fan.  Link - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/01/aqib-talib-rips-michael-crabtree-chain/ (Refs and coaches were well aware of this pre-game too).

2.  Talib's past history factors in, not just the past incident with Crabtree.

3.  Having said that, Crabtree also went in looking for a fight, starting it with Harris Jr. one play before, and re-started it when things were cooling down..

I'd be shocked given the letter sent if Talib gets his 2-games reduced - it's more than just what happened on Sunday.  I'd think it's 50-50 Crabtree gets reduced to 1 game TBH.   Given we are out of the playoffs, it's fine by me - 2/16 game cheques go back to DEN's 2018 cap, and right now, it's all about 2018+ for DEN.   For OAK, getting Crabtree back even a game earlier makes a huge potential diff for them, being only 1 game back of KC (and holding the tiebreaker if they beat them a 2nd time later this year, although they'll also have to deal with the surging Chargers).

Here's the official letter to both, which outlines the above points:

The ultimate NFL irony. John Runyan dictating suspensions. Love the dude, but he would've been suspended for life if he played in the NFL today.

Almost as bad as the NHL having Brendan Shannehan responsible for palyer safety/suspensions. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You're aware Talib ripped his chain off and that's why Crab pushed him to the sidelines right?

Bad look on both players. Talib however is just a trash human. Like litteral scum of the earth type. Can't wait for him to be out of this league.

Crabtree sucker punched Chris Harris Jr. for no reason.  You can say that Talib is a trash human, but Crabtree is the one who started the mess and he had it planned before the game he was going to fight.

29 minutes ago, showtime said:

Crabtree sucker punched Chris Harris Jr. for no reason.  You can say that Talib is a trash human, but Crabtree is the one who started the mess and he had it planned before the game he was going to fight.

Or conversely.... Talib started it a year ago by being a classless punk and ripping his chain off after the play was over. 

Not condoning Crabtree's actions. It was classless, but Talib started this and Crab was clearly ready to go at him.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Or conversely.... Talib started it a year ago by being a classless punk and ripping his chain off after the play was over. 

Not condoning Crabtree's actions. It was classless, but Talib started this and Crab was clearly ready to go at him.

A year ago?  Haha.  So Talib did something a year ago that started the actions on the field a few days ago?  Alright then.

Also, since Talib was the one who snatched the chain a year ago then why would you punch Chris Harris Jr.? 

A year ago is a year ago.  Do what you need to do then.  The fact that he held on to all of this for a year just shows how truly pathetic Michael Crabtree actually is and why some of the players in the league have absolutely no respect for him in the first place.

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

A year ago?  Haha.  So Talib did something a year ago that started the actions on the field a few days ago?  Alright then.

Also, since Talib was the one who snatched the chain a year ago then why would you punch Chris Harris Jr.? 

A year ago is a year ago.  Do what you need to do then.  The fact that he held on to all of this for a year just shows how truly pathetic Michael Crabtree actually is and why some of the players in the league have absolutely no respect for him in the first place.

None of this happens if Talib isn't a punk and didn't grab the chain last year. 

Archived