Talib and Crabtree suspended 2 games by NFL for fighting

MightyMouse07

20 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Talib should have gotten suspended for the season.  I mean, he went out intending to start a fight.  Guys can get heated which is a part of the game.  But there's a big difference in tempers flaring and scuffling and a guy walking onto the field with the goal of starting a fight.  

What? Because Crabtree on the first offensive snap punched Chris Harris in the stomach mid-route for no reason then on the very next play Crabtree drove him 10 yards out of bounds and tried to pile drive him after Talib had something to say about his cheap shot on CHJ?

Talib was wrong for throwing a punch, but lets not act like Crabtree didnt walk into that game knowing he was going to fight somebody. He literally did it on the first and second snap of their drive. Not mid-game. 

Remember last year when that WR for the Titans took out CHJ mid play by blasting him in the knees away from the ball (no flag again) and Talib came to his defense and shoved Harry Douglas for doing it, this again with Crabtree is the same situation. Players taking stupid cheapshots at Chris Harris and Talib having something to say about it. 

crabtree.0.gif

GE1XlqA.gif

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Why didn't Crabtree do anything when Talib grabbed his chain last year?  Why wait an entire year to do something about it?  Then why punch someone who didn't grab the chain?

I'm confused.

None of this matters. This whole issue started a year ago with Talib's actions and this whole incident was a direct response to that

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

None of this matters. This whole issue started a year ago with Talib's actions and this whole incident was a direct response to that

Ill still never understand why he decided to punch Chris Harris on the play before the brawl happened. Like......why. What did Harris do. He should have gotten 1 game on that play alone.

Crabtree was coming out looking to fight and start something. He was the aggressor and mission accomplished I guess.

6 hours ago, showtime said:

Why didn't Crabtree do anything when Talib grabbed his chain last year?  Why wait an entire year to do something about it?  Then why punch someone who didn't grab the chain?

I'm confused.

These are what we consider on-going beefs. Crabtree kept his cool last year even though Talib remained classless. The fact he did it again confirms it and set Crabtree off. 

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ill still never understand why he decided to punch Chris Harris on the play before the brawl happened. Like......why. What did Harris do. He should have gotten 1 game on that play alone.

Crabtree was coming out looking to fight and start something. He was the aggressor and mission accomplished I guess.

As classless and unnecessary as it was, that little mini jab to the mid section happens all the time between DB-WR battles. We just rarely see it because they are out on an island. The only reason we noticed it this time is because Harris went down like he got shot. But all the jockeying, hand fighting, pushing and shoving to gain body position, you'd be surprised how much little dirty stuff like that happens between CB-WR if we really paid attention.

14 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Have you ever played DB or WR?  It's no different from the trench guys in that when you get into instances where you think the refs aren't going to see it (for OL it's scrums and piles, as a former DB I can tell you it was in the huddled frenzies just before jump-balls - especially in the end-zone), you take those little needling cheapshots to your opponent's core or quads - no one is out there going for liver shots or groin shots - to gain a competitive advantage, even if that advantage is just getting in your primary assignment's head a little.  Both sides do it.  I'm not saying it's out and out legal, but it's long be a part of the game and it's pretty widespread.

Just for sake of covering both sides too, since you're parroting Harris almost word-for-word (not faulting you for it), no one has actually gotten a quote from Crabtree on the incident.  Talib is a thug, we know this; he has a demonstrated history of this kind of behavior including his Three Stooges move on Dwayne Allen.  It's pretty clear the subject of his chain getting snatched is a raw subject with Crabtree, if (not saying it happened, but it certainly could have) Harris came out talking at him on that first play, asking him if he wore his chain again because Aqib was going to ****** it again if so, that certainly could have lit a fire under Crabtree to give Harris (and, probably in his mind, Talib by effect) a little reminder that he wasn't some punk who was just going to take that crap.

Too often as fans we like to wear those team-colored glasses and act like all the players on our team are angels when only a few have actually earned that sort of benefit of the doubt.

Well, it's good Crab's suspension was reduced to one game.  We do need him to make a run at the playoffs.  I know, wishful thinking.

There's been no mention of the fact that Talib received no punishment from the NFL when he shot himself in the leg in a night club.  I wanna party with him.  Not.  Shot himself in the leg.  Can you believe that.  You can be penalized for assaulting a woman and rightfully so but it's OK if you shoot yourself?  Gun in a night club?  What up with that?

10 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Well, it's good Crab's suspension was reduced to one game.  We do need him to make a run at the playoffs.  I know, wishful thinking.

There's been no mention of the fact that Talib received no punishment from the NFL when he shot himself in the leg in a night club.  I wanna party with him.  Not.  Shot himself in the leg.  Can you believe that.  You can be penalized for assaulting a woman and rightfully so but it's OK if you shoot yourself?  Gun in a night club?  What up with that?

But it wasn't okay for Plaxico?

Archived