2023 NFL offseason

Forge

11 minutes ago, adamq said:

Yes.. and the money they now have to spend on Hargrave was then used on Jimmy

I think this is the big thing most people are missing. This was well before we decided to go the ‘cheap’ route on QBs.

This is also the same year we decided we didn’t need Brady if I remember right.

• Like 2

So does anyone know where Ward's restructure leaves us in terms of cap room? Saying were cap compliant implies, to me, that we needed to do that in order to sign Javon and Sam and we have no more money left. Was hoping we'd be able to make a run at E-man or sign another corner. 

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

IDK why, i don't mind simple restructures...but i don't like the void years. So annoying that you have so many players with dead cap for years after they're off the team 

Only 1 year. Although there might be three void years, the sum of the money over the years has to be paid out that first year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

IDK why, i don't mind simple restructures...but i don't like the void years. So annoying that you have so many players with dead cap for years after they're off the team 

It doesnt really spread over year in terms of actual cap hit and pay. When the contract voids it all accelerates to that point. With Ward i hope its done with the intention to extend him before but the player wanting to wait so this a middle ground but void years are becoming the norm these days and while i 100% see the benefits its a risky game to play.

7 minutes ago, adamq said:

Why would the Raiders sign Meyers when you have Adams and Renfrow under contract? A Hopkins (high end) or Mack Hollins(way low end) are seemingly better fits 

Because Patriots.

• Like 3