2023 NFL offseason

Forge

30 minutes ago, adamq said:

Surprisingly good move by Vegas.. to get a 3rd for a guy who has stayed healthy once out of 8 seasons, I'm shocked really

I'm surprised by how many people think that it's some sort of tragic move by an inept front office. 

He's 31 years old, hasnt been healthy, and when he's played he hasn't been good. He's not a top 5 tight end any more or anything, and after you get through that top 5, the talent at the position dissipates pretty quickly. 

He's not cost effective whatsoever at this juncture. 

Maybe he'll have a nice comeback year with the Giants and that will be a good move for them, but even if he does, that doesn't make it a bad move by the Raiders at this point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

They asked Moseley for the opportunity to match an offer he received. Did we not want to match this? Kind of seems like we should've. 

That's a brutal loss....I am legit floored that we didn't get him back in the building for that. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I thought we could’ve had a Verrett situation with Moesley. Maybe we are targeting someone else

Maybe, we'll probably sign a cheap corner and draft one as well. Ambry Thomas' roster spot shouldn't be guaranteed for 2023. 

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

They asked Moseley for the opportunity to match an offer he received. Did we not want to match this? Kind of seems like we should've. 

Doesn't mean he has to take it even if you match. Would have loved to have him back though.

Unbelievable we lost Moseley. Getting a big time interior presence at DT was the #1 thing I wanted, but this was the #1 thing I didn't want happening this offseason in free agency. This is BS. 

Funny-1062.gif

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Unbelievable we lost Moseley. Getting a big time interior presence at DT was the #1 thing I wanted, but this was the #1 thing I didn't want happening this offseason in free agency. This is BS. 

Funny-1062.gif

Maybe I am one of the ones that is in the minority here.  I really did not want Moseley back unless it was an average of 3M a year.  Now granted his salary is not hefty at 6M but how healthy is that knee he has?  Lenoir played decently.  The consensus is wanting Lenoir back in the slot and I understand but we do have 11 draft picks coming up.  Plus if we get a comp for Moseley then hey more draft capital for a guy coming off a significant injury, then kudos.  I'd rather turn to the draft and see if we can find one.  Not to mention maybe we are thinking Womack at slot and leave Lenoir outside.  That's just me. I'd like to see Womack with a year under his belt.  

28 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm surprised by this. Titans must've been the highest bidder or he has a personal connection on the team because the Titans are going nowhere next year. 

Ran Carthon is their GM so i guess thats the connection