2023 NFL offseason

Forge

Not gonna lie, Ebukam, Omenihu and Key all signing deals, I really thought we would end up with one of them.

this could be really exciting or really dull in regards to what we add. There are still some bargain pass rushers out there, but with our current cap, it looks like we may actually end up drafting EDGE. This scares me a bit based on our history of not playing rookies much and them hitting a rookie wall (Jackson)

OR………..we actually sign a vet (I’m thinking Ngouku) and get some depth.

EDGE is looking kinda scary right now. I know we added Hargrave, but you don’t leave a ‘null’ at the last position on the d-line at this point.

still hope, but we need to create space. I want a threat opposite Bosa even if it’s situational

4 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Not gonna lie, Ebukam, Omenihu and Key all signing deals, I really thought we would end up with one of them.

this could be really exciting or really dull in regards to what we add. There are still some bargain pass rushers out there, but with our current cap, it looks like we may actually end up drafting EDGE. This scares me a bit based on our history of not playing rookies much and them hitting a rookie wall (Jackson)

EDGE is looking kinda scary right now. I know we added Hargrave, but you don’t leave a ‘null’ at the last position on the d-line at this point.

still hope, but we need to create space. I want a threat opposite Bosa even if it’s situational

I assume Jackson is penciled in to start opposite Bosa if we add literally nobody, but I'd be surprised if we added literally nobody

36 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I just don't have the interest in Yannick that everyone does. He does fit what we need (he's a finisher), but he's a non factor a lot down to down.  I think there is better value out there if yannick is going to get a decent sized deal

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Time to load up on the vet minimums. I made a killing on it in TCMD. I got Shaq Lawson, LJ Collier, Trey Flowers, Carl Nassib and Jordan Willis. Bound to be some sort of competency there, right? lol 

Get me Justin Houston and then I'm good! 

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like our losses will far surpass out signings this offseason and it may be by design to accumulate comp picks. Looking at another 4-5 (non-minority hires) comp picks for next year. 

I get the feeling we will do one more flashy signing wether it be on the edge or secondary …..not sure why i feel that way but i have a feeling.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I get the feeling we will do one more flashy signing wether it be on the edge or secondary …..not sure why i feel that way but i have a feeling.

We need 3 or 4 more DE. One to be an every-down end, a rotational pass rusher (possibly two), and a big end to kick inside.

At least one of these guys will probably be a rookie, but the other 2 or 3 will be free agents. 

We still have a lot of assets to invest in the DL before OTAs. After that, it's the secondary where we need 2 or 3 corners and possibly another safety. I think we take a safety in the draft and guessing we take a corner, too. If Ward and DMO are our starters, that leaves Womack and Thomas as the backups and I'm not convinced that Thomas makes the team this year, which leaves us at 3 corners in a group that we usually carry 5 or 6. We need a quality vet that will either be the starting nickel or the first guy off the bench plus a cheap depth corner. 

From there, we still need to invest in the OL after losing Brunskill. I think we have 5 guys on the roster that are locks for the 53 and we usually carry 8 OL. Poe, Moore, and Zacklj are in the running for those spots, but I would bet we bring in at least one versatile vet and possibly draft a guy too. 

We also need another TE, but I'd like two. One vet in FA like Kroft, Eric Saubert, or Maxx Williams, plus draft a TE, too. 

Needless to say, we need to restructure some more contracts because we have plenty of holes to fill. 

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

We need 3 or 4 more DE. One to be an every-down end, a rotational pass rusher (possibly two), and a big end to kick inside.

At least one of these guys will probably be a rookie, but the other 2 or 3 will be free agents. 

We still have a lot of assets to invest in the DL before OTAs. After that, it's the secondary where we need 2 or 3 corners and possibly another safety. I think we take a safety in the draft and guessing we take a corner, too. If Ward and DMO are our starters, that leaves Womack and Thomas as the backups and I'm not convinced that Thomas makes the team this year, which leaves us at 3 corners in a group that we usually carry 5 or 6. We need a quality vet that will either be the starting nickel or the first guy off the bench plus a cheap depth corner. 

From there, we still need to invest in the OL after losing Brunskill. I think we have 5 guys on the roster that are locks for the 53 and we usually carry 8 OL. Poe, Moore, and Zacklj are in the running for those spots, but I would bet we bring in at least one versatile vet and possibly draft a guy too. 

We also need another TE, but I'd like two. One vet in FA like Kroft, Eric Saubert, or Maxx Williams, plus draft a TE, too. 

Needless to say, we need to restructure some more contracts because we have plenty of holes to fill. 

Oh i know we need to sign several more …but they will be depth signings but i have a feeling we will make another splash signing……just a feeling i have.

36 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Oh i know we need to sign several more …but they will be depth signings but i have a feeling we will make another splash signing……just a feeling i have.

I agree. I forgot to put into my brain-dump post that I think we make a splash signing at DE, although it would either be Clark or Ngakoue because no one else deserves a big contract. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like our losses will far surpass out signings this offseason and it may be by design to accumulate comp picks. Looking at another 4-5 (non-minority hires) comp picks for next year. 

The max is 4 just fyi. 

We should hit that for sure and they should be decent