2023 NFL offseason

Forge

1 minute ago, jonnguy2015 said:

If we don't have to win a bidding war to get him I wouldn't mind picking up Slay, though I imagine he's looking for one last big payday 

He's apparently looking for a 3 year guaranteed contract. I'd wager that is out of the question for a 32 year old corner

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's apparently looking for a 3 year guaranteed contract. I'd wager that is out of the question for a 32 year old corner

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't give him that if I were Lynch and Paraag. Don't think any other GM is that foolish either, so maybe he ends up conceding to something more reasonable

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Four of those with another pick for the coaching/GM minority hire, correct? So five in total? Nor bad!

Correct. You max at 4 player selections, but the coaching hires are separate.

Right now we would have 

Two thirds, two sixths, one seventh. Waiting on the final omenihu numbers to see if that's a fifth or sixth

Right now we would have 

Two thirds, two sixths, one seventh. Waiting on the final omenihu numbers to see if that's a fifth or sixth

Hope the 2024 class is loaded because we will have a crap load of picks...That may make it likely we move a future pick for a player in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hope the 2024 class is loaded because we will have a crap load of picks...That may make it likely we move a future pick for a player in the draft. 

Than when Wilks is hired to be a head coach after the 2024 season we will get more 3rd round comp picks. glasses flirt GIF

• Like 1

Seriously, does this guy think he sounds smarter when he makes tweets like this?? Talking about A-listers and B-listers and using words like "replenish" 😂.

All I know is that I am VERY happy we signed Hargrave but this team lost a whole a lot of depth and a lot of quality players. That depth is what allowed us to overcome so many injuries the last few years...Well, for NOW, that is gone. 

• Like 1

Really good spot weapons wise for Baker, but ultimately will be about what they do with that offensive line. If it's as bad as it was last year, this will go awful. If it's a competent offensive line, may get a bit of a baker resurgence. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really good spot weapons wise for Baker, but ultimately will be about what they do with that offensive line. If it's as bad as it was last year, this will go awful. If it's a competent offensive line, may get a bit of a baker resurgence. 

He's just not good man, it comes down to that more than anything. McVay had him looking decent in a few games and then he reverted to the player he has been for the last few years. Don't expect him to finish the season as the starter in TB.

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Right now we would have 

Omenihu should be a 5th. Von Bell is at $7.5 AAV and Lazard is at $11 AAV and both are 5th round comps. Omenihu should slot in between them as a 5th round comp as well and would knock Ridgeway off the comp list for us, for now. 

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Omenihu should be a 5th. Von Bell is at $7.5 AAV and Lazard is at $11 AAV and both are 5th round comps. Omenihu should slot in between them as a 5th round comp as well and would knock Ridgeway off the comp list for us, for now. 

You have to wait to see the actual terms. It's a 2 year max 20 million deal, which would be a 5th. But if the actual aav is 2 / 16, with incentives to push it to 2/20, it could be a 6. That's what happened with ebukam. His deal was 3 / 27, but it was actually max 27 and the base was 3/24 and he went from a fifth to a sixth. 

As far as I'm aware, the actual terms on omenihu haven't been released

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's just not good man, it comes down to that more than anything. McVay had him looking decent in a few games and then he reverted to the player he has been for the last few years. Don't expect him to finish the season as the starter in TB.

If the other option is Kyle Trask, I'm not sure I'd switch regardless of how Baker plays lol

• Like 1

If the other option is Kyle Trask, I'm not sure I'd switch regardless of how Baker plays lol

But even if Trask is terrible, why not get it confirmed on the field when Baker is not good and won't be part of the future? You give Baker the start but then decide what you want to do midway when the team is bad and Baker is average to below average. No downside of going with Trask at that point since essentially you are tanking for your future QB anyways. 

• Like 2