2023 NFL offseason

Forge

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Not sure if this is applicable after signing Hartsfield 

I think it's still doable. I don't believe either is breaking the bank and we could still rework a few contracts if someone comes along at a price we feel is worth it.

Seems like Wilks is coveting versatility with his DBs. Oliver & Hartsfield fit that mold. Johnson Jr. would as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, straighthate said:

If so, can’t think of too many guys more versatile than Jimmie Ward. 

Jimmy is a 32 years old SAFETY who played nickelback to varying degrees last season.

Jimmy got 6.5 a year from Houston. 7.25 if he meets certain incentives. I'm more than good letting him walk for that amount. Especially if he's not playing FS, full-time.

All the players I mention are young, versatile and CHEAP. 1 or 2 year deals for pocket change really. That's more inline of how we should be moving. Guys like Hartsfield & Oliver are stop gaps until the players we draft as long-term replacements are ready or we dip back into free agency in the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erscap said:

Updated cap room, before Oliver, McGill, & Hartsfield's deals, $7,649,686, DFF got as 1yr $1.885M deal, $1.25M GTD, he's pretty much a sure thing for the final 53.

I see it as Warner, Dre, DFF, Burks, & McCrary-Ball as the top 5 LBs.

How much will our draft class cost to sign….it was probably said somewhere but I can’t locate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9erFreak77 said:

How much will our draft class cost to sign….it was probably said somewhere but I can’t locate it.

Around $9M, but only their 3rd rd picks would count against the cap for the offseason, it won't be until September that they need that $9M to account for their picks, which likely happens with a Nick Bosa extension.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Around $9M, but only their 3rd rd picks would count against the cap for the offseason, it won't be until September that they need that $9M to account for their picks, which likely happens with a Nick Bosa extension.

Thank you kind sir!

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's it? 

The Lions are going to be a problem next season, especially if Moseley gets close to the form he was before his injury. 

First time I've ever been excited for a Lions season... are pigs flying?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's it? 

The Lions are going to be a problem next season, especially if Moseley gets close to the form he was before his injury. 

Secondary market sucks this year. 

• Like 1

Not surprised by this, the FA market is so weak this year, just glad the 49ers got a big name in Javon Hargrave, and added some nice mid-small pieces like Oliver, Hartsfield, Darnold, plus kept McGill, DFF, Givens, Brendel, team is still loaded, and we have 11 picks, we should be active on draft night(s), trade up, down, all around.

• Like 3