2023 NFL offseason

Forge

5 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Agreed. We may very well need an additional corner to round out that group satisfactorily. As for the O-line shake up, I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at Poe, Burford, and McKivitz as three guys for two starting spots with Burford getting a look at both RG and RT. Poe didn't get much roster love because he is just a guard, but he was the most promising young guy in training camp and preseason last year except maybe Burford in one on one situations and limited game time. I really think that Poe has the physical tools to be a starter and hope that he gets opportunities.  

If Poe can handle himself against Armstead, Hargrave, Givens, and even Kinlaw all summer, that bodes very well for him moving forward. He's going to get a well-rounded serving of DTs. Tall and strong, short and strong, and short and fast. Really sets him up nicely to hone his game.  

2 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

This would be my OL for 2023- I would keep 9.

LT- Trent

LG- Banks

C- Brendel

RG- Burford

RT- McKivitz

C/OG- Feliciano 

OL- Zakelj

OL- Poe

RT- Rookie(trade up) or Moore

Yeah I think 9 is in play. Especially since we've been going light at TE lately. In my mind, I'm giving that last spot to a 4th TE rather than a 9th OL, but I'd be fine either way as long our TE room is solid. Right now, it's far from solid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49erscap said:

This would be my OL for 2023- I would keep 9.

LT- Trent

LG- Banks

C- Brendel

RG- Burford

RT- McKivitz

C/OG- Feliciano 

OL- Zakelj

OL- Poe

RT- Rookie(trade up) or Moore

I've been pretty outspoken that as fun as he is, I simply don't think that Poe is a thing at the NFL level. i think the only position he could reasonably play well would be Center and with Brendel locked up, Feliciano on board and Zakelj coming up, I just don't see that as something he's going to force his way into. For the life of me I just cannot see Poe holding up at guard consistently. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's crazy how many EDGE guys are still available that i would have some interest in. I hope that we get into this market.

We need to. There’s no way they can’t pickup a guy or two considering Ferrell is our only bench guy and Shanny doesn’t like rookies. 

It definitely seems like there are some value deals out there at End that originally looked like costly contracts.

6 minutes ago, adamq said:

🤣 yeah, glad I have that guy muted

That was legitimately one of the dumbest responses I've ever gotten on twitter and someone told me today that Mike McGlinchey was more athletic than Blake Freeland. 

• Like 4