2023 NFL offseason

Forge

1 hour ago, John232 said:

The nightmare scenario is fun to entertain too. Lance shows out as a bust/gets injured and Purdy gets injured or flames out. Id it happens to both guys, which is a very real possibility, it’s going to be real interesting to see how they react. 

Regardless, if purdy fails to continue upon last year, and the above happens,  the 49ers do the insane thing and trade up for Maye or Williams.

if a team drafting a QB this year ends up 1 and 2 overalls, I would strongly consider a trade up, a la Lance, if possible OR going hard and trading Bosa for a top 2 pick. (And probably more than a top 2 pick). It would depend on the team, obviously. But I still think the 49ers did the right thing moving up. I don’t think this leads them down a Rams road either, they’ve done a far better job getting actual high end talent late, not just spot starters and if you deal Bosa, though a huge hit, you start heading towards a road where they will have loads of open cap space 

Stop trying to make trading Bosa happen. 
regina-george.gif

• Like 6

10 hours ago, John232 said:

It's a combination of terrible luck for him, not being a world beater when given the small amount of chances he’s has, and another dude just 100% taking over

I am very interested to see his demeanor through camp and through preseason. 

Brock played with a ton of fire, the passion was palpable. Played with a lot of heart and determination. 

Lance has seemed a bit tentative. He was still trying to find his footing his rookie year. He seems to be pretty laid back overall. 

I am hoping that we see a bit more competitive fire out of him. I want to see him dig deep and really lay it all on the line. I want to see him chewing teammates out who dog it. Command the huddle and take the reins. 

He is still sooo young. The interviews he has given this off-season makes me think he is really rearing to go and that he will be super focused on being the best he can be. 

This is legitimately the first QB competition we have had in my adult life where I am actually happy with both options. 

3 hours ago, struby3 said:

I was surprised to see that Tarvarius Moore and Jordan Willis both signed for essentially the minimum. SF wasn't willing to match those offers? Perhaps Moore and Willis wanted fresh starts somewhere else?

Yeah, I would bet both guys wanted fresh starts. Moore especially. He was supposed to be a FA last year, but the team petitioned the league to keep him under contract for one more season and I would bet that rubbed him the wrong way. 

Willis barely saw the field. I can understand why he would want to go somewhere else. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Lol was thinking the same thing

Honestly, I'm not sure if they will or not, but you sure as hell don't go into camp with Zane Gonzalez as your only kicker. 

That said, I'm not sure what we gave up, but seems pretty idiotic to spend multiple draft picks on kicker (whatever we gave in trade + drafting one) so we may very well just go the UDFA route. 

• Like 2