Forge

4 hours ago, 9erFreak77 said:

We traded for Zane Gonzales

pick swaps in 2025

Kicked 90% last year and his real name is Holden Fortunato Gonzalez. Huge W

Yeah I just looked at the last line on PFR without looking at the year 😅

Edited by adamq

29 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I don't think this stops the 49ers from bringing Gould back. At worse, Zane is insurance if we can't draft our kicker and or Gould really doesn't come back. Zane really might end up bring a camp leg. 

I don't think Gould is coming back, but he may change his mind if his market is dry. But I think he really just wants to be back closer to home. I don't think that was a negotiating tactic or anything

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think Gould is coming back, but he may change his mind if his market is dry. But I think he really just wants to be back closer to home. I don't think that was a negotiating tactic or anything

Seemed to me the 49ers are the ones rejecting Gould (possibly his price point). He said at the end of year locker room interviews that the 49ers would let him know by the combine if he be back or not. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Seemed to me the 49ers are the ones rejecting Gould (possibly his price point). He said at the end of year locker room interviews that the 49ers would let him know by the combine if he be back or not. 

That makes sense too. He's a limited kicker and makes a lot of money

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would have liked Murphy bunting before signing Oliver

I think Oliver is just fine and can play both the slot and outside when one of our starters gets hurt. 

I'm still baffled we did not bring Willis back. That one made no sense to me. 

• Like 3

Just now, Forge said:

Bobby Wagner back to Seattle

Good, it just feels right. Wagner should have been a lifer in Seattle. 

If they get Anderson and another top defensive prospect with their second pick? That terrible defense is going to start looking a whole a lot better. They are going to be a problem. 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Good, it just feels right. Wagner should have been a lifer in Seattle. 

If they get Anderson and another top defensive prospect with their second pick? That terrible defense is going to start looking a whole a lot better. They are going to be a problem. 

Assuming Geno doesn't turn back into a pumpkin as well. He did not finish the season strong 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Assuming Geno doesn't turn back into a pumpkin as well. He did not finish the season strong 

I mean the offense is going to be good just with the talent they have. The OL has youngsters that can and likely will get better, they have two stud WRs and a RB heading into year two that has a chance to establish himself as a top 7-10 back. I think they will be fine even if Geno is not quite as good as he was in 2022 because that defense has a chance to be significantly better.