2023 NFL offseason

Forge

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think we all know how the Brocky Purdy experiment is going to play out here, assuming he gets to full health. He will be put up good stats in the regular season and the team will win but in big games, he will come up short and not make enough of the special plays the opposing QB makes....Kyle will sour on him and in two to three years, we will be back to square one. Then you have to wonder how his health will hold up with such a small frame. He's a guy that tries to extend a lot of plays and will hold on to the ball for as long as he could and that will open himself to some big hits in the process. 

The question is, will Kyle still be the HC in say 2026 if it plays out this way? Say another NFCCG appearance or even two more but no SB appearance and obviously no championship. What do you guys think? 

Maybe we will finally be the team that tries the strategy of cheap retread vets and rookie deal QBs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John232 said:

but this sounds right. Quick to fall in love. Quick to fall out of it. I think on the whole, the FO and coaching staff have been very good. Top 7. But there seems to be an institutional impatience that I think, like you’ve laid out, will ultimately be his undoing.

That's the Gruden in him. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I tend to agree with Forge, if we move in from shanny, it will be because the core aged out and he couldn’t reload. Regardless of QB. 

I do not see this being a Marty Schottenheimer situation where he gets fired after a winning season. The only thing that could cause a pivot is if it goes full mark jackson and they’re winning but clearly underperforming with a massive amount of off field drama. Harbaugh might be the comp (but idk if that’s totally fair to Harbaugh).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Maybe we will finally be the team that tries the strategy of cheap retread vets and rookie deal QBs. 

Kyle is arrogant enough to try it out and show the rest of the league he is smarter than them and he doesn't need a franchise caliber QB to get it done lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kyle is arrogant enough to try it out and show the rest of the league he is smarter than them and he doesn't need a franchise caliber QB to get it done lol.

This is why he passed on Mahomes. He knew it would not be fair to the rest of the league. 

It is also why he traded so much to get Lance. He knew our roster was too good and an extra couple firsts would not be fair to everyone else. Had to play with a handicap just to show everyone he is the best. 4D chess moves tbh. 

• Like 5