2023 NFL offseason

Forge

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Peters to Houston eh? Interesting. 

This would suck. We've lost Martin Mayhew to the Commanders, Ethan Waugh to the Jaguars & Ran Carthon to the Titans. There is no other obvious in-house candidate to replace Lynch, who has acknowledged in the past that he's not a lifer and almost took the Amazon commentator deal last year. 

I'd rather Lynch retire & Peters take over the GM role after the draft 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

This would suck. We've lost Martin Mayhew to the Commanders, Ethan Waugh to the Jaguars & Ran Carthon to the Titans. There is no other obvious in-house candidate to replace Lynch, who has acknowledged in the past that he's not a lifer and almost took the Amazon commentator deal last year. 

I'd rather Lynch retire & Peters take over the GM role after the draft 

And we receive zero compensation for losing Peters, which sucks.

I think, as much as many people love and respect Peters, his finger prints and contributions to his team are very underrated.

IF we lose him, I really think we will see the negative aspects more than any other coach or GM that we have lost in the past

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yay? I didn't think Hyder was that great last year and I sincerely hope he's not going to be depended upon even more this year. 

Can't say I love our DE group right now, looks like a weakness at the moment.

Yeah, I'm pretty meh on this. 

42 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think I would've preferred Dupree over Hyder. I think my wish for signing one of the top remaining DE available is probably a pipe dream now. 

ehh, team doesn't have the cap room to sign Dupree, who got a 1yr up to $5M deal.

17 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

ehh, team doesn't have the cap room to sign Dupree, who got a 1yr up to $5M deal.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't touched CMC's cap number yet. Seems like they could reconfigure that to land any CB or EDGE they wanted in free agency. 

I think I'm just really concerned that our pass rush is not going to be great this year.