2023 NFL offseason

Forge

Just now, Forge said:

I can't believe we signed Hargrave LMFAO 

You should not be THAT surprised tbh. It was always a possibility and this team has a lot of urgency to finish this thing off with a SB  before the core starts to age. 

Need Deebo in 2021 shape and I feel good regardless if Lance or Purdy are the QB. 

• Like 2

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

You should not be THAT surprised tbh. It was always a possibility and this team has a lot of urgency to finish this thing off with a SB  before the core starts to age. 

Need Deebo in 2021 shape and I feel good regardless if Lance or Purdy are the QB. 

Just not something I saw coming. I had a feeling we would do one big thing this year similar to last year, but I didn't expect it to be him. 

• Like 2

Text from my dad, Raiders fan since the '70s

"I heard the Raiders are getting Jimmy G"

I wanted to reply with "sorry".. just went with "well he's a winner!"

Edit-  

Smart-Select-20230313-140458-Messages.jp

Awkward Season 9 GIF by The Office

Edited by adamq

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I do think that we'll get some healthy Deebo and get him juiced up for a trade next year. That's the large salary that I think can come off the books with the least value loss to us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I do think that we'll get some healthy Deebo and get him juiced up for a trade next year. That's the large salary that I think can come off the books with the least value loss to us. 

We are definitely moving on from 1, perhaps 2 guys next year that have been part of this core. 

Deebo only saves about 6 million, so I'm not sure if it'll be him or not. Depends on what the offers are, I think. But AA saves 11 to cut I think and at 31 years old in 2024, if he has more foot problems this year, I definitely think he's gone. So he's definitely my odds on favorite to be let go. 

The other guy would be Kittle, who saves about 10 million if traded and will be 31 years old. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Armstead is another one that may be off the books next season. If we don't restructure his deal, then that's a sign of what we may plan on doing.

Deebo has a big deal then he very well may get moved and we pay Aiyuk. I can't see us paying both. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Deebo has a big deal then he very well may get moved and we pay Aiyuk. I can't see us paying both. 

Definitely not long term, but we basically have 2 more years where it should be fine. Aiyuk will play this year on year 4 of his rookie deal, then we will extend him before year 5 and he'll have a super low cap hit that first year so between he and Deebo it will be fine. Then we can trade / cut Deebo in 2025 on the last year of his deal when Aiyuk's cap hit  finally takes its big jump

• Like 1