2023 NFL offseason

Forge

30 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Money wise, is this even possible with the amount of dead cap we would take?

He costs 2 million more to trade than to keep. It's not an issue to work around

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

He costs 2 million more to trade than to keep. It's not an issue to work around

Yeah, it's more just that trading him post-June 1 saves significantly more. And the next year's draft assets will be in a better draft than this one. But they tend to target a few specific guys. And if they want to go Sam LaPorta + DTR + developmental corner, safety, and tackle with relatively premium picks, they are going to need more of them. 

• Like 1

Man I am honestly not happy at all to lose Lance.. I have been convinced it was coming since the Darnold signing though.. 

I think he is a better player than most, and could see him develop into a top 10 guy with some patience. Houston would be a great landing spot if they can get 2 more quality pass catchers to go with Collins 

Nobody could have predicted any of these wild circumstances back when they made the trade up to 3 but man it really feels like they totally whiffed it, just like with missing out on Watson/Mahomes and the other 1st round blunders.

If Fields were the pick, he probably would have gotten injured like the rest of 'em anyways 😕

Edited by adamq
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, it's more just that trading him post-June 1 saves significantly more. And the next year's draft assets will be in a better draft than this one. But they tend to target a few specific guys. And if they want to go Sam LaPorta + DTR + developmental corner, safety, and tackle with relatively premium picks, they are going to need more of them. 

I think its harder to make that move post 6/1 just because the other teams are probably set at their QB room which kills some action in the market and gives him a lot less time to get acclimated. But we will see. 

I'm still not sure that this is something that happens. I don't know if anyone parts with what it will take. 

• Like 1

I don't think a trade will happen simply because I don't think anyone will have an offer that blows the 49ers away. It's very weird, however, that they declared him a starter last year, he had a monsoon game and a couple of drives before he got hurt and now they don't mind trading him? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

I don't think a trade will happen simply because I don't think anyone will have an offer that blows the 49ers away. It's very weird, however, that they declared him a starter last year, he had a monsoon game and a couple of drives before he got hurt and now they don't mind trading him? 

Kyle thinks taking Trey was a massive mistake. 

Just now, 49erscap said:

If the 49ers trade Trey, they'd be at just $91,884 in cap room, makes it unlikely.

Temporarily. They would just rework someone's deal to create more space. If someone makes an offer for Lance that they want, his contract won't stand in the way. Ultimately I just don't think that anyone makes that kind of offer. 

• Like 3

This is the first time I think it is actually more likely that Trey gets traded than otherwise. Ian Rapoport is a known mouthpiece for this regime. It's real. This is happening. They have done too much work on QBs in this draft for me to think otherwise at this point. 

Personally, I would just keep him for one more year, but I understand why it makes sense to trade him this year. 

If we trade Lance this offseason, that trade up has to be one of the worst trades in nfl history, right? 

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Easily, add in what the 49ers could have added with 3 first round picks.

Knowing us a bust, a average and maybe one good player. The first round picks really have been quite underwhelming with this regime which makes the succes they have had even crazier since the core isn't just FA signings but mostly drafted players.

• Like 4