2023 NFL offseason

Forge

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Definitely makes sense. Especially if we could land someone who would actually contribute.

I saw someone throw out a Kinlaw for Becton player for player trade and I'd be all about it personally. I read somewhere that Becton has cut a bunch of weight this offseason as well. It probably won't happen, but it's definitely something I could get on board with. 

Does Saleh actually want Kinlaw though? He has to know that Kinlaw is washed up

Just now, adamq said:

Yeah this seems like more of a very late round pick, or him just getting cut

Remember that his salary is fully guaranteed though, so it wouldn't make sense to cut him yet. If there are no trade offers for him, then let him fight for a roster spot in TC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Does Saleh actually want Kinlaw though? He has to know that Kinlaw is washed up

I have no insight into that. Maybe Saleh was the guy really pushing for him when we drafted him? It's hard to say for sure. I feel like he had a rocky start with Becton in New York, so maybe he just sees this as playing with house money.

5 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

An FYI, https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks, OTC has McGlinchey as a 3rd rd pick comp wise, can change if we sign another big name FA, but we still have a lot of FAs who could leave.

Okay, so they cancelling jimmy out with Hargrave. Fair enough. Kind of sucks, if only because Jimmy would have been a lock to get the third. 

I would still bank on Orlando Brown getting more than McG, but I think he'll be the only one. I think Bates will end up with like 17 million or something. 

Most likely that McG ends up as a 4th though. 

This tweet is going to be incredibly triggering for some people, but my answer to this question is simple - fondly. He helped bring this franchise back to relevancy and gave it a serious spark in 2017. He wasn't perfect and he wasn't always good, but he seems to be loved in the locker room and had some amazing moments. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really hope we make a play on Irv Smith. 

Same, I think you were the first person I saw to bring this up. I didn't even know he was a FA until that point. I think he'd be a fun weapon as our TE2 and obviously some insurance for George getting hurt. 

• Like 1