2023 NFL offseason

Forge

10 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

This tweet is going to be incredibly triggering for some people, but my answer to this question is simple - fondly. He helped bring this franchise back to relevancy and gave it a serious spark in 2017. He wasn't perfect and he wasn't always good, but he seems to be loved in the locker room and had some amazing moments. 

It is very weird that people hate him so much. I will remember it fondly as well and I was never a big Jimmy G fan. 

I still feel like he's catching so much blowback for people having this crazy expectation for him following those 5 games in 2017 that he was never quite able to live up to.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It is very weird that people hate him so much. I will remember it fondly as well and I was never a big Jimmy G fan. 

I still feel like he's catching so much blowback for people having this crazy expectation for him following those 5 games in 2017 that he was never quite able to live up to.

That, and Jimmy just never being healthy as well as never really improving. But make no mistake, he was a solid QB and kept the team operating at a solid level when he was on the field. His lows were low but he got quite a bit out of a sorry pass blocking OL. That counts for something IMO. 

• Like 5

Just now, Forge said:

I agree. I do think that if he hadn't had so many injuries to his lower body and throwing arm that he probably would've put up better numbers, played more games, and would've generally been viewed in a better light. Regardless of the "what ifs", he was still a quality QB. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's rough for him because he was quite a good quarterback, and he did have some real strengths that fit in great with the offensive system. But he was a comparatively weak link in a very strong chain. And his mistakes and limitations did place a ceiling on very talented teams. So I think a lot of people enjoy the person and the player but take out some of the frustrations of those major losses on Jimmy as a person.

• Like 2

Happy Jimmy G gets to keep on starting. Agreed, hatred is uncalled for. Only QB to operate with any real success until Purdy came along. 2019 was an awesome year and he really showed he can take a team deep when needed. 

injuries definitely played a huge role in his not meeting expectations. 

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, but who else? They are going to lose both Bates and Bell and Hill struggled last year as a rookie 

They just re-signed Michael Thomas. I know he's more of a special teams guy, so maybe they draft another safety or see what falls to the bottom of the safety market?

Sooooo, does anyone think Hargrave's signing may lead us to trading Bosa+2024 first rounder for Jackson?? Despite Bosa needing a new deal, he is probably still worth multiple first rounders and then we have the 2024 first rounder we can move. Just throwing it out lol.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sooooo, does anyone think Hargrave's signing may lead us to trading Bosa+2024 first rounder for Jackson?? Despite Bosa needing a new deal, he is probably still worth multiple first rounders and then we have the 2024 first rounder we can move. Just throwing it out lol.

No. I don't think the niners are going to get involved in that situation. I think this is more about insulating Purdy with the best team possible over the next 2-3 years. 

• Like 3