2023 NFL offseason

Forge

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I don't see the advantage of it personally. If we trade a low end pick for Corral we have a cost controlled QB with some upside as our #3. We have a former NFL QB as our QB coach if we're looking for the mentorship aspect. Corral would cost about half as much as any veteran QB would want as well. 

Purdy's best case recovery is 6 months....but what if its longer? That's happened before

Lance has all ofseason to get healthy and progress....but he didn't do it last year

Any QB we sign/draft has a decent shot of being the #3 QB on opening day....they also have a decent shot at being our opening day starter

I think Andy Dalton would be the best QB we could get that fits the criteria. That's who i'd want. I guess Brissett or Mayfield are other options

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Lot of money for a guy his age but man Bosa-Armstead-Hargrave is an amazing line.

We needed another top interior pass rusher. The defense was #1 but still not as good as it could have been. This makes the life easier for the edge opposite Bosa. 

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

lol ok. That should help, but he is also a 30 year old big man. Hopefully he doesn't fall off or we have a decent out. 

Age is a little scary, but he's only played in the NFL for 7 years (2016 3rd round pick). So hopefully less tread on those tires

Best case he's a monster for 3 years.

I wonder how many void years we added to this deal lol

Edited by 49ersfan

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

We needed another top interior pass rusher. The defense was #1 but still not as good as it could have been. This makes the life easier for the edge opposite Bosa. 

Oh for sure we needed an extra really good pass rusher. Just hope most of that 40 mil is in the first two years and we have an out after that when you consider his age. Will be interesting if we go back to AA being a edge on base downs and have Kinlaw-Hargrave in the middle or if we will rotate Hargrave-AA and Kinlaw.

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

think Andy Dalton would be the best QB we could get that fits the criteria. That's who i'd want. I guess Brissett or Mayfield are other options

Brissett is my top target.. seems like he could get a shot in tb though

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Age is a little scary, but he's only played in the NFL for 7 years (2016 3nrd round pick). So hopefully less tread on those tires

Anything more than 1 would make no sense since you can only spread the signing bonus over 5 years.

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Age is a little scary, but he's only played in the NFL for 7 years (2016 3rd round pick). So hopefully less tread on those tires

It's ostensibly a 2 year deal spread over 3, I would imagine. I'm sure there's a void year to minimize the first year cap hit. 

Also, don't be surprised if the 49ers move on from AA next year which will free up a little space. 

11 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm boarding a plane as the news broke. I had to check to make sure it wasn't a fake adam schefter and make sure it did indeed say SF has signed....

I had to double check to make sure not a fake tweet, happy AF now

• Like 1