Week 13: Philadelphia Eagles vs Seattle Seahawks

showtime

8z5bCIn.png

The Eagles are the best team in the NFC and arguably the best team in the entire league.  Their defense is great and their offense continues to roll.  I have seen quite a few Eagles games this season and Carson Wentz is the real deal.  Wentz and those receivers should be able to pick the Seahawks secondary apart with the absence of Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.  It's so difficult to devote everything to the passing game because the Eagles have a really good rushing attack as well.  Their offensive line is doing a tremendous job this season and Wentz has great awareness with great mobility to avoid pass rushers.  Defensively, the Eagles are amazing.  Great run defense and what has become a great pass defense as well.  From what I have seen, Patrick Robinson has been outstanding - the Eagles secondary as a whole has really stepped it up.

For the Seahawks... well... There is no rushing attack at all and the offensive line is probably going to get abused by the Eagles defensive front.  Russell Wilson is going to have to have a magical game for the Seahawks to even keep this one close.  In addition, as I have already mentioned, the Seahawks secondary is in shambles vs an electric high scoring offense.  

I don't think this one is going to be very pretty, but I'm hoping for the best.

@animaltested @Sacks98 @Meeker @Tatupu_64 @ThirtyOne-EightyNine @evilpimp972 @Zman724 @RandomCampBody @NFL_Announcer @Ospy @Seachickens @imani

Its gonna be a long night listening to Colinsworthless talk up how great a job Cable has done with a 'make shift' O-line (all guys Cable hand picked). How great a playcaller Bevell is (lol). And how up and coming Richard is (sigh).

I hope Russ has a great night. Maybe he can win OPOY if Brady or Wentz slows down a little. It doesnt look like they will right now though.

We need Earl to show up big. He looks lost and always has without Kam there with him. He needs to play at the same level or higher than Wagner for us to have a chance.

34-17 Eagles. 

I don't like this matchup at all, especially up front. Philly stole Jernigan, who was given a new deal, and it only cost a swap of 3rds with Baltimore. Fletcher Cox, Graham, their 1st rd pick from Tennessee and Curry. It's too much for our OL. We shouldn't even try to run. THey're #1 in the NFL. Screen passes and more screen passes to offset their tenacity.  How many times will I incessantly mention those?  The only issue I have with our screen game is that it develops too quickly. KD comes right of the backfield and a backer will pick him. up. Block, Block and then dump it off to allow KD to make moves. Mike Davis was really effective until he got hurt.

Lane sucks and he shouldn't even play. Jefferies is too tall for Lane and Aguilar is too fast. We need to focus on a weak area of ours and Philly's best weapon and that's Zach Ertz. If we play zone, we'll get picked apart. I'm not sure KJ can run with Ertz. I wouldn't mind an under /over coverage with Ertz. Force Wentz to find anyone else but don't let Ertz beat us. 

Ajayi is scarier than Blount. Another steal with a 4th rdr. THey have a nice trio of backs.

All things equal, we get beat by 13. If we are a +2 in the turnover margin, I can see us pulling it out... But then, why did we ever sign Blair? And why wasn't he cut? 

It sucks that the Seahawks have four losses because Russell Wilson is one of the MVP's of this league.  He won't get many mentions, but he straight up carries this entire offense on a regular basis.  Wilson leads the team in rush yards, rush yards per carry and rushing touchdowns.  He is the offense and he's been spectacular considering the offensive talent, especially at the RB position and offensive line the team has.

15 hours ago, showtime said:

It sucks that the Seahawks have four losses because Russell Wilson is one of the MVP's of this league.  He won't get many mentions, but he straight up carries this entire offense on a regular basis.  Wilson leads the team in rush yards, rush yards per carry and rushing touchdowns.  He is the offense and he's been spectacular considering the offensive talent, especially at the RB position and offensive line the team has.

That's because your running game is trash. - Don't equal + 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

That's because your running game is trash. - Don't equal + 

That's the entire point of what I said.  The team has no running game and one of the worst offensive lines in the league - yet Wilson plays at an extremely high level.

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's the entire point of what I said.  The team has no running game and one of the worst offensive lines in the league - yet Wilson plays at an extremely high level.

Debatable. He has played very poorly in some games as well.. And that's what leads him off the MVP category. 

I'll say this right now. The Eagles' key to victory is to keep Russell Wilson contained in the pocket. We have a great run defense, and solid pass defense, but one of the chinks in our defense is we do allow the QB to run quite a bit against us often times.

2 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Impressive win. You just had to go and make things more interesting didn't you?

The Eagles seemed very flat tonight.  Hopefully this was the kick in the butt they needed for when they face the Rams next week!

Ok overall.

Defense was sloppy, got really lucky with the Wentz fumble. Bobby, MB and Frank were on fire tonight. Good to see Shaq back. 

Russell was Russell. Not his best performance, but enough to get the win. Offensive line took a step back, (Pocic looks overmatched) but against a good defense.

Mike Davis is the man going forward. Has the feet and patience to succeed behind this line. Great out of backfield as well.

If Seattle plays like this against the Rams they will lose (Unless LA has a repeat give away session). They really need to put together the complete game. I really want to see Seattle put to boot to the Rams throats. 

@Jacksonville next week will be tough. Seattle run defense looked vulnerable today. Have to fill those leaks if Seattle wants to take it next week. Seattle needs to win one of the next two games if they want to wrestle a playoff spot from the NFC South. 

Archived