Pro Day Talk

nicfre2011

17 hours ago, sparky151 said:

How is Stromberg's strength? Does he get push on running plays? Good athleticism plus lots of SEC experience is a nice resume. Does he have the same O-line coach as when Ragnow was there? 

Very good. Best attribute IMO. I think he’s the 2nd or 3rd best C in this amazing class for centers. Schmitz & Patterson are the only dudes I have ahead of him. 

On 4/6/2023 at 12:45 PM, sparky151 said:

How is Stromberg's strength? Does he get push on running plays? Good athleticism plus lots of SEC experience is a nice resume. Does he have the same O-line coach as when Ragnow was there? 

Technically yes but as the head coach now haha

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 5:50 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

Very good. Best attribute IMO. I think he’s the 2nd or 3rd best C in this amazing class for centers. Schmitz & Patterson are the only dudes I have ahead of him. 

What is this crap that Tippman is the 1st center selected?  I saw that on NFL Network I think in some individuals rankings or mock.  That is absurd to me, especially to have him ahead of Schmitz much less Patterson, Olusegun Oluwatimi, Ricky Stromberg and Luke Wypler.  Not sure where that is coming from, he is not even as good as Tyler Biadasz was a few years back who ended up being a 4th round pick.  

Edited by Ozzy

31 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Underwhelming considering he was supposed to be this top tier athlete at WR. Not a great look for a WR that is so unpolished.

Did anyone think he was gonna be a freak athlete?

@Ozzy people love Tippman because of upside. He did play great down the stretch, but yeah he’s not as good as the other C’s at the top. I think he would be a great 4th-5th round upside pick. He was one of my sleepers. Now he’s getting 1st round buzz…that seems way too high IMO. Maybe in a crap class.  

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Weird…I never saw him as more than a 4.55 guy as far as speed. He’s not slow, but he’s not explosive, nor is he twitchy as far as a short area route runner. He is a long strider, athletic in the way Mike Evans is athletic now. Again, not slow, but not twitchy. When he pulls away, it’s on long developing routes, like crossers and posts. I’ve always been low on him. 

• Like 1