Pro Day Talk

nicfre2011

1 hour ago, lovetitans said:

That is irrelevant. you're saying quitting on your team because they're no longer in championship contention is ok? those guys still hungry but the actually injured player is the lazy guy just looking for a payday?   

Go get the natty if you have the chance. The outback steakhouse bowl isn't worth getting hurt and potentially costing yourself millions of dollars.

13 hours ago, Daniel said:

What WR in this class isn't risky?

JNS is the safest pick of all the WR.  He can run routes exceptionally well and get separation. You can quibble over tenths of a second in the 40 but Garrett Wilson, and Chris Olave have both said he is better than them.  I would be happy if he fell to the Steelers at 17.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Does JSN even have the fire once he’s being paid? A lot of reports he could have played against UGA in the playoffs. How hungry is a kid like that 

People said the same about Nick Bosa when he quit midseason. That one ended up aging poorly as well.

Similar questions were raised about those who opted out like Ja'Marr Chase, Sewell, and others. I don't think it's a barometer either way. Sure, it's worth asking, but IMO I don't think it's really a good gauge at all.

He more or less made it clear he wouldn't play at less than 100%. He was less than 100% against UGA, so he didn't play, even though he could have. That's the reality unfortunately. He made a "business decision" after Week 1 against Notre Dame.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

People said the same about Nick Bosa when he quit midseason. That one ended up aging poorly as well.

Similar questions were raised about those who opted out like Ja'Marr Chase, Sewell, and others. I don't think it's a barometer either way. Sure, it's worth asking, but IMO I don't think it's really a good gauge at all.

He more or less made it clear he wouldn't play at less than 100%. He was less than 100% against UGA, so he didn't play, even though he could have. That's the reality unfortunately. He made a "business decision" after Week 1 against Notre Dame.

Between NIL money and rookie deals being scaled, I think that business decision becomes more common.

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Between NIL money and rookie deals being scaled, I think that business decision becomes more common.

100% agreed. For those of us like myself who love college football, believe it or not playoff expansion is one of the best things that we can see from this standpoint. Who wants to play in the ____________ Bowl when you have nothing to "gain"?

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

He made a "business decision" after Week 1 against Notre Dame.

Disagree w/ this slightly as he tried to come back a couple times and reaggravated his injury. I think he made that decision a little later in the year after those games. I will never question his commitment to this team though like a lot of people did. Would've been nice to have him but he's not the reason we didn't win it all last season.

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Disagree w/ this slightly as he tried to come back a couple times and reaggravated his injury. I think he made that decision a little later in the year after those games. I will never question his commitment to this team though like a lot of people did. Would've been nice to have him but he's not the reason we didn't win it all last season.

He's free to have made that decision. I do think that decision is largely what cost OSU a national title personally. When you're down your starting 2 RB, starting 2 TE, and starting WR in Harrison, he'd have likely made the difference in a very close loss.

I think the "re-aggravated" bit was overblown, as the only real way to get to 100% on a hamstring is to get rest. Yes, he could have gone at less than 100%, but he chose to protect himself and his draft status and sit, which he's free to do.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He's free to have made that decision. I do think that decision is largely what cost OSU a national title personally. When you're down your starting 2 RB, starting 2 TE, and starting WR in Harrison, he'd have likely made the difference in a very close loss.

I think the "re-aggravated" bit was overblown, as the only real way to get to 100% on a hamstring is to get rest. Yes, he could have gone at less than 100%, but he chose to protect himself and his draft status and sit, which he's free to do.

We were largely healthy on the other side of the ball that gave up 42 points. If we score 41, we should win the game. That's my thought process, at least. Nothing wrong w/ disagreeing though. I still believe if Harrison doesn't get hurt, we win as well but this isn't the topic for our thoughts on that lol.

I think JSN did make a business decision though, yes. Seeing him limping after the games he did try to come back did make me think it was more severe. Just wish we weren't having this discussion, honestly, but it's in the past.

After yesterday, OSU has a case to have QB1, WR1, and OT1 though. Not bad

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We were largely healthy on the other side of the ball that gave up 42 points. If we score 41, we should win the game. That's my thought process, at least.

I get it and don't disagree. Even that guy who slipped and fell, if they only give up a long TD drive there, they probably win as opposed to a 1 play 75 yard score or whatever it was.

Nothing wrong w/ disagreeing though. I still believe if Harrison doesn't get hurt, we win as well but this isn't the topic for our thoughts on that lol.

And that's kinda my point. Even with the Harrison injury, you throw in a JSN with the other 2 guys and that's viable to go down and score again at least one other time IMO.

I think JSN did make a business decision though, yes. Seeing him limping after the games he did try to come back did make me think it was more severe. Just wish we weren't having this discussion, honestly, but it's in the past.

After yesterday, OSU has a case to have QB1, WR1, and OT1 though. Not bad

It's more of an indictment of Ryan Day in my opinion. The talent there was never the question. To get 0 B1G Titles and/or a NC out of that group is a major underachievement.