General Non Football Question

ADMINS - Delete if not allowed...or I can leave up over the weekend and delete on Monday. 

I was just curious...Has anyone in here had to deal with their child having to have chemotherapy for cancer or themselves have gone through chemotherapy? 

It's been a rough week for us, we found out our 20 month old has Cancer, so we've been dealing with testing at CHOP left and right all week. Luckily it hasn't spread anywhere but he will still need chemotherapy to kill it.

Was just curious if for anyone who went through it, they could tell me about their experience, or if your child went through it how was it, how did your child handle it, any and all info would be great, just trying to get some expectations so I'm not going in blind. 

6 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

ADMINS - Delete if not allowed...or I can leave up over the weekend and delete on Monday. 

I was just curious...Has anyone in here had to deal with their child having to have chemotherapy for cancer or themselves have gone through chemotherapy? 

It's been a rough week for us, we found out our 20 month old has Cancer, so we've been dealing with testing at CHOP left and right all week. Luckily it hasn't spread anywhere but he will still need chemotherapy to kill it.

Was just curious if for anyone who went through it, they could tell me about their experience, or if your child went through it how was it, how did your child handle it, any and all info would be great, just trying to get some expectations so I'm not going in blind. 

I'm so sorry to hear this, prayers for your young child. I'm going to suggest we move this thread to another subforum where more eyes will see it and it fits better. 

This Ain't Sports Talk. 

You agree Kilt?

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

I'm so sorry to hear this, prayers for your young child. I'm going to suggest we move this thread to another subforum where more eyes will see it and it fits better. 

This Ain't Sports Talk. 

You agree Kilt?

I thought so too, more people with kids that might have experience with it.

Sorry to hear this man. Stay strong for your family. I’m sure the hospital has a lot of information of parents going through or have been through the same. I’d reach out to them for potential patient and family support meetings or counseling they can offer you. Good luck, keep us posted. Feel free to tag me if you need to talk about it. I won’t be much help specifically but am an unbiased listening ear if you need it. 

7 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Sorry to hear this man. Stay strong for your family. I’m sure the hospital has a lot of information of parents going through or have been through the same. I’d reach out to them for potential patient and family support meetings or counseling they can offer you. Good luck, keep us posted. Feel free to tag me if you need to talk about it. I won’t be much help specifically but am an unbiased listening ear if you need it. 

Thanks man, yes the hospital already started giving us some support information. Just haven't been able to talk to any parents in particular who have been through it. Definitely a **** thing to be going through but I know My lil man will kick ***. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

So sorry to hear this. I feel for you as a parent.

@Ty21 Didn’t I read that you went through chemo years ago?

I did, I had leukemia at 20 and 21. 

So sorry to hear that, OP. Incredibly heartbreaking to hear. You can PM me if you want to