Career Year. It's gonna be HUUUGE!

SteelKing728

Martavis Bryant - If he stays out of trouble.

Ryan Shazier - If he stays healthy.

Bud Dupree - If he can improve his hand technique.

Non Steelers 

Breshad Perriman  - Tools are there...

Jadaveon Clowney - I think we start to see the sacks this year.

Shaq Thompson -  I like how he fits in the Panthers D.

Terrelle Pryor -  See what he can do now with a real QB.

Trey Flowers - Because Patriots.

Davante Parker -   Again, tools are there.

I don't think the Jets have anyone that is considered a vet because they all got cut.  I'll say a good candidate is ASJ at TE though.  He lost like 20 lbs and supposedly looked great in OTA's.  His career year was about 340 yards and 4 TD's so if he does 500-600 yards and a 5 TD's that could be a career year for him.    

For Dallas -

Demarcus Lawrence. Contract year. He'll put up 10-12 sacks, then move on and be some other teams overpaid 4 sack guy.

Elsewhere...

Christian Kirksey - Was terrific last season, will get All-Pro consideration this season.
Shane Ray - With Ware out of picture Ray gets his turn to shine.

Chris Conley is the relatively obvious answer for KC. I don't expect him to do anything particularly outstanding, but he'll be stepping into what is technically our #1 WR role (despite the depth chart spot, he'll likely remain behind Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce in actual role and touches), and he'll pick up the majority of the production that Maclin left behind. So something like 60 - 70 catches for 800ish yards and a few TDs wouldn't be at all surprising. Conley has already shown himself to be able to run good routes, and his hands are only slightly less reliable than Maclin's, and those two things are really about all that Maclin was offering in our offense (not a discredit to Maclin, just how our offense utilized him.) If Conley can get on the same page as Smith on deep balls, he could perform even better, but few players have been able to do that.

I don't think anyone else stands out too much for us. Terrance Mitchell, if he does secure the #2 CB spot, will be one to watch. He was a huge improvement over Phillip Gaines late in the season, and stabilized the position, but it was only for a few weeks, so the sample size makes it hard to fully judge. Tyreek HIll will definitely expand his role, but he's 2nd year. If Spencer Ware can cut the fumbles and stay fully healthy, with Charles gone, he could have a proper year as a workhorse back. But the rookie will cut into his snaps, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Chris Conley is the relatively obvious answer for KC. I don't expect him to do anything particularly outstanding, but he'll be stepping into what is technically our #1 WR role (despite the depth chart spot, he'll likely remain behind Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce in actual role and touches), and he'll pick up the majority of the production that Maclin left behind. So something like 60 - 70 catches for 800ish yards and a few TDs wouldn't be at all surprising. Conley has already shown himself to be able to run good routes, and his hands are only slightly less reliable than Maclin's, and those two things are really about all that Maclin was offering in our offense (not a discredit to Maclin, just how our offense utilized him.) If Conley can get on the same page as Smith on deep balls, he could perform even better, but few players have been able to do that.

I remember watching/researching Conley from the NFLPA bowl when he was head and shoulders a better prospect than most WR's I saw all year. I think he's going to have an absolutely monster season, even more so if Mahomes replaces Alex Smith at some point and the offense opens up because his deep speed, length, and vertical ability put him in a tier with AJ Green and Julio Jones

For the Rams, I'll go with Robert Woods. He's flashed some good things, but I don't think Buffalo was the right fit. His strongest skill as a pure receiver is his route running ability. Buffalo didn't exactly run a timing-based offense. McVay's WCO will make much better use of Woods's skills, and Goff is a better fit for him than Tyrod. Of course, I'm higher on Goff than most people here. I think Woods puts up 1000+ receiving yards if he stays healthy. Woods and Cooper Kupp should make for a nice duo.

Obligatory Raiders player:

I talked about Mario Edwards Jr. a lot last year as a reason why we were so soft inside. The guy was an absolute force as a 21 year old rookie down the stretch. He pushed the pocket constantly, held up well against the run, and did a lot of it with raw power.

If you go back to preseason of his rookie year (2015), when he played some 4-3 defensive end as opposed to 3-4 defensive end, you'll see him absolutely manhandle Jared Veldheer on a few plays and flash his potential to be a dominant player.
Here are some of the plays he made as a rookie:

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2016/3/6/11170850/mario-edwards-jr-top-10-plays-of-rookie-season-shows-immense-potential-oakland-raiders

This year he's slimmed down to 280 and i'm expecting him to be a very effective interior rusher on 3rd down, while playing base end in a 4-3 under type of defense.

As far as non Raiders players, I'll try to do a few per positions I follow on offense:

WR:Martavis Bryant, he'll have a clean year and I think he puts up double digit TD's and approaches 1000 yards. Devante Parker will put together a nice season too.

TE: OJ Howard will have a top 5 TE season.

RB: I LOOVE Ameer Abdullah as a player. I think behind the Lions revamped line, he'll have a hell of a season. Super fun guy to watch along with Riddick as well.

4 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I remember watching/researching Conley from the NFLPA bowl when he was head and shoulders a better prospect than most WR's I saw all year. I think he's going to have an absolutely monster season, even more so if Mahomes replaces Alex Smith at some point and the offense opens up because his deep speed, length, and vertical ability put him in a tier with AJ Green and Julio Jones

I think we're far off from putting him in a sentence with Green and Jones. His combine numbers were phenomenal, but I'd pump the brakes before we expect anything other than average WR play from Conley. Maybe he could break out with more snaps, but I didn't remotely see a transcendent player watching him play.

Hill on the other hand... now that's a guy I look at and think will be looked as anywhere from ok to elite depending on what he puts out on the field this year as a full time WR.

I think Diggs is in for a big year if he can stay healthy.

kendricks emerged last year but I could see him taking another major step forward as a top MLB.

id also throw Sam Bradford's name into the conversation. With a run game (hopefully) to take pressure off the OL, to go with a good group of receivers, Bradford could be in prime position to have a breakout season. Of course, last year could also have been his peak, we will see. 

On 7/28/2017 at 3:26 AM, jrry32 said:

For the Rams, I'll go with Robert Woods. He's flashed some good things, but I don't think Buffalo was the right fit. His strongest skill as a pure receiver is his route running ability. Buffalo didn't exactly run a timing-based offense. McVay's WCO will make much better use of Woods's skills, and Goff is a better fit for him than Tyrod. Of course, I'm higher on Goff than most people here. I think Woods puts up 1000+ receiving yards if he stays healthy. Woods and Cooper Kupp should make for a nice duo.

saw this in webby's post in the feedback forum.

never been more confused in my life

On 7/28/2017 at 2:26 AM, jrry32 said:

I remember him in the draft.  I thought he could be like Greg Jennings.  He never got there.  I don't want to start that debate again, but I don't think the Rams have the QB to make that work.  I think his best fit would be in New Orleans, with Chase Danielz of course.  But I also must commend you, this is the best answer in the thread.  Most have been answering with guys they think will be future stars, not guys that blow up for their best season, then drop back down to normal.

With the retirement of Rob Ninkovich, I think Kony Ealy or Derek Rivers (yeah, he is a rookie, I'm cheating) will have a boom season for New England.  Obviously, I am biased and hope that it is Kony.  But I think NE will be fine and someone there picks up the slack.

Archived