Vikings no longer hooked on a Thielen

swede700

We knew it was coming. I'm bummed, but it's the right move. I've never been more happy to be wrong about a player in my life. So many great memories of him on this team. I hope he finds success on his next team (as long as I don't hate that team 😆). Thanks, Adam!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

We knew it was coming. I'm bummed, but it's the right move. I've never been more happy to be wrong about a player in my life. So many great memories of him on this team. I hope he finds success on his next team (as long as I don't hate that team 😆). Thanks, Adam!

I agree.  As I indicated the other day, I'd already come to peace with the fact that he was going to be gone.  I thought it was time.  It's pretty much the first time he's going to be on a team other than in MN, so it'll probably be a little surreal for him.  I hope he does well whereever he goes. 

• Like 1

Just now, battle2heaven said:

I got my answer. It's pre. That's interesting. They really want a clean slate for 2024.

Glad to see they release him as a pre-June 1 move. Take the dead hit now. Ideally they should have traded him last offseason, but alas. 
We'll see Adam for his ring of honour ceremony and/or 1 day signing when he retires

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I got my answer. It's pre. That's interesting. They really want a clean slate for 2024.

Which is probably the smart move.  This team is in for a sort of reset in 2024.  It won't be drastic like the Bears, but this will be the rebuild portion of the competitive rebuild. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Which is probably the smart move.  This team is in for a sort of reset in 2024.  It won't be drastic like the Bears, but this will be the rebuild portion of the competitive rebuild. 

Yeah, thinking about it, it makes sense. There are other avenues to clear up cap space to sign free agents next week that they can do. 

Sad day, but to quote NewFound Glory, "nothing gold can stay."

• Like 1